“Country Pub.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Country Pub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We met friends for our annual Christmas meal at this country pub. We were not disappointed by the Christmas fayre. The Christmas set menu was a real treat with all the trimmings included. At a reasonable price. Shame the drinks are a bit expensive. Also it would be nice to add your own gravy. The staff were polite and attentive. The whole experience was good. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Atmospheric and historic pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

3 mile walk from the Petwood Hotel for the energetic or a 5 minute drive! Plenty more to see for the WW2 historians, including a ceiling signed by airmen (including a member of the royal family - go see it for yourself). Menu is extensive, food quality is superb, drinks range is good and the barman is good fun and very pleasant. What more could you ask for.

Visited November 2012
Louth, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely English Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The Bluebell is a Lovely traditional English pub. The staff a polite and helpful and do a lot to enhance you visit. The food is Brilliant.

Lincoln
“Pub with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Food is great for a pub as all home made. Service can be slow when busy, recently waited almost an hour!

Visited October 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't return there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We arrived there at the time of our reservation, but we had to wait about 50 minutes before being seated. We had had a long day, and we were quite hungry so we weren't happy about it - I understand if you don't have a reservation, but with a reservation this type of wait is not acceptable.
Once we were seated, the food was served very quickly (we had placed our order before we were given the table). But while one of the main courses was nice, the beef and Guinnes pie was unedible because of the amount of salt; I tend to like my food salty, and I often add salt to food, but this was the first time ever I actually found something too salty to eat. I was so hungry at this point that I didn't want to wait any longer for them to replace it, so I just split the meal with my husband. The chef agreed it was too salty, and didn't charge me for it.
There was a couple that had come in before we got our table, and when we left after having dinner they were still waiting for the table, and we heard the waitress offering a free drink... Clearly this pub needs to sort out these problems.

Visited September 2012