“Friendly and welcoming . . . . . . .” 4 of 5 stars

Millfields Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Bargate, Grimsby DN34 5AD, England   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Grimsby
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming . . . . . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and every member of the staff was helpful, friendly and courteous. My room was very large with ample facilities and a very comfortable bed.The food menu offered sufficient choice for all tastes and the lunches I had there were appetising and nourishing. There was plenty of opportunity to order your chosen breakfast and/or select other items from the small buffet. As I was in Grimsby, I ate mainly fish. If you are carrying a great deal of heavy luggage, there are steps and stairs to negotiate both inside and outside. This hotel was more than adequate for the days I spent in Grimsby, and I would happily return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

To be fair the staff were very polite and friendly and the rooms were deserving of a 3 star rating. The breakfast was enjoyable and very quickly served, my only faults with the hotel was the stench of fish was unbearable and the atmosphere of the bar could be cut with a knife. This is a good place to stay go straight to sleep and get up for breakfast and go. For atmosphere, entertaining or for a functions I'd personally be very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
Scunthorpe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have just returned from an over night stay at Millfields. We were there for a wedding and it was lovely from start to finish. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and were bigger than expected. The food was lovely and the portions were very generous,with some nice touches for a breakfast choice, like smoked Grimsby haddock or smoked salmon and poached eggs on a muffin.I would stay at Millfields again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bildeston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed in Millfields on business for a few nights. It wasn't my choice, I was booked in, but went with it anyway. A slightly quirky set up. Car park very busy when I arrived, but then realised it was due to people in the gym / squash courts. There certainly weren't as many cars in the mornings. Room was very average, dark, hot, with a dehumidifier in it presumably to stop any damp smells. Food was pub grub, menu tried to be something it wasn't. Bar gets inhabited by local bar flies as well in the evenings. I'd said I'd eat in the restaurant on my first night but when I ordered my food at the bar and said I'd sit in the restaurant, I was told it was all set for breakfast and closed for the night?! Was also noisy in the mornings, doors slamming, noisy pipework etc.

I didn't return the following week when I needed to stay away, I went somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Immingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

A lovely, big, listed building has been turned into a spa hotel with gym. Clean, comfortable with good service and great food.

You can eat in the restaurant before 6 pm from a short(ish) but varied menu on a buy one get one free basis. The food is fresh and plentiful, and the fresh Grimsby fish and chips is absolutely fabulous

There is a more extensive menu if you want to eat later

Well worth a visit for food, real ale, good coffee, comfortable surroundings, and al fresco on a lovely warm day or evening

Room Tip: Go before six and have the fish and chips
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Millfields Hotel whilst on a business trip in Grimsby. The hotel delivered on all counts. Location, cleanliness, ammenities, comfort and service.
With very friendly, helpful staff nothing was too much bother. Even a quick tour was provided upon check-in.
If you need a good quality hotel in Grimsby then look no further than this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bishop's Stortford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my first stay at Millfields. Although I was only there overnight, I would certainly stay there again.

Because I know the Town well, at first I thought I would choose somewhere slightly more central ... but as there were one or two appalling reports of such places, I didn't. And, despite the greater expense, I'm glad I didn't. It's only a short walk up Brighowgate to Top Town, or along Cartergate to West Marsh for the Alexandra Dock; also, Park Drive is nearby: People's Park's a picture. "Park and ride" - parking at Millfields - is eminently feasible for getting to many places in Grimsby or Cleethorpes.

At Millfields, the staff were welcoming and friendly, without exception; and highly efficient too, I thought. My room was nicely decorated and furnished, and beautifully clean, as was the en suite shower room.

The Lincolnshire breakfast was splendid: both tasty and filling. I recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Millfields Hotel? Share your experiences!