“Wow ~ what a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Wow ~ what a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Be sure not to miss the specials ~ these are now conveniently attached to the menu now to save having to search for a board and swap glasses. The food was excellent on both visits recently. The first night I had the special, a bookmakers sandwich. This was sliced steak with mushrooms and onion in a peppercorn sauce served on toast with chips. I am not a chip lover but these converted me. Crisp and dry.

Encouraged by this I returned the following day and enjoyed a rich and very tasty Steak and mushroom pie from the standard menu. Soo good.

This is an excellent and imaginative chef and I can't wait for my next visit to find out what his latest dish will be.

I was amazed at the price ~ such good value! All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

If I have one criticism its how am I expected to watch my weight with such good food on hand?

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Trip back in time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I used to go into this pub many years ago, well it's all changed but the fish n chips
We had were great, they even put mint sauce in with our peas (heaven) good place to go with friends

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Not bad!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I visited this venue in August for a colleagues leaving meal. We went on a Thursday evening and the place was empty and it still took them a while to serve us. The prices for drinks were average but I thought the food was quite pricey for what you got. The menu was very limited and not a lot to choose from; even then most things came with chips!!. I was quite disappointed as I had heard good reviews but I don't think I would go again, I wasn't that impressed.

Visited August 2013
england
“Good food,service slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Sunday dinner,good choice of roasts,waitresses very pleasant but overworked,not a lot of organisation on this particular occasion,food of good quality and value for money.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice chilled place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Me and my fiancé was at the white hart on a Monday evening, we found all the members of staff friendly and welcoming. It was a nice peaceful evening in the restaurant, the starter which we had was the autumn soup which was Devine. My partner had steak which he enjoyed and I had the lamb dish which I enjoyed also but did expect a slight bit more meat for the price of the meal. They did not have the beef dish that was on the menu in which i would of chosen, so a slight disappointment. There was also an option of a cheaper menu which had several starters and mains to choose from which was all half price. All in all it was a good meal and a relaxing place we thought.

• Visited September 2013