“Great food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Been meaning to call in for a while, went with my gf a few Mondays ago. Good to be greeted with a smile!! I had the pie, which was top notch, she the haddock and also top notch. Will be calling again. The beer garden could be prettier though .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edinburgh, Scotland
“If this is Number 3, I'd hate to see Number 4.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Encouraged by reviews on TripAdvisor a colleague and I came here for an evening meal as a change from the hotel.
My first thought on walking in to the building was "Have we got the right place?" One large open plan seating area with very little atmosphere or homely touches. Freshly painted and clean, but not very welcoming.
I ordered Haddock and Chips and my colleague had the Gourmet Burger. My fish was overcooked, greasy and did not appear to be fresh. Chips also flabby and greasy. I didn't finish the plateful. My colleague said his burger was OK.
The service was disappointing; uninformed and slow.
Maybe the place picks up at the weekend, but mid week it was not great. I wont be going back.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Cleethorpes
“Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visitied the refurbished White Hart a week ago for Sunday Lunch and it was fab, the food was great,the service was too. I have to say the staff were friendly, courteous heplful and polite . The interior has been done out in an traditional and contemporary style and i would highly reccomend a visit to anyone, we honestly couldnt fault it , great value for money also .Cant wait to go again, one of the best sunday lunches we have had in town by far .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Couldn't believe it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went there with my girlfriend on Friday at about 7:30pm. Took ages to get served, even though the place was quite empty. Starters were ok, then another massive wait until our main course came. I had fish and chips, I don't know why. The fish was clearly cooked from frozen and was quite greasy. The chips were very good though. My GF had a meatball dish from the specials. You could hardly cut into them they were that hard. They were like rocks. We complained about the meatballs and they knocked them off the price, but we were quite disappointed as we'd heard nothing ut good things about the place. The staff were friendly and polite, but there was a lot of waiting. Would try again, but stick to safer option.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grimsby
“Best place in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited here again on Saturday and this place has never failed to deliver. Went to the wheatsheaf the day before and there really is no comparison with the food, although the price is similar. You have to try this place, staff are brilliant, manager has time for a chat. Definitely my favourite place to eat in the area.

• Visited March 2013