“Stylish, unpretentious & welcoming.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Stylish, unpretentious & welcoming.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

A review about food will always be something that you have to read between the lines on and make your own mind up on based on that review as people can be too picky and require a quality which they will never be happy with.
Marples is a great little place, always busy, upmarket quality food, handmade cakes and desserts, excellent coffees and most of all the staff are very friendly and bearing in mind they are extremely busy and in demand from the sometimes rude and impatient diners, they are professional and quick with the service and care about the diners.
This is as far away from a greasy spoon as it gets as it is a classy place situated in the Victorian-esque Seaview Street.
I advise to give it a go and you won't be disappointed, unless of course you want a michelin star restaurant meal that normally sells at £200 for £10.50.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

england
“Lovely Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lovely setting just off the sea front with big windows where you can watch the world go by.
Had a lovely evening meal celebrating a friends 50th birthday, they let us put banners and a balloon up and allowed to to take a cake in, even bringing it out to us to eat. Some of the menu is a bit pricy but meals and prices to suit all palates and budgets, free bottle of wine with some meals when two people eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Prenton, United Kingdom
“Classy cafe & wine bar that stands out from its cafe competition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

A few steps off the Sea front and you will find the well decorated & atmospheric split level open plan Marples Cafe/Wine Bar.

Staff are fantastically polite and helpful.

Walls are adorned with Vettriano prints with dark wood tables, there is no seaside tackiness with Marples.

Food is of an excellent quality, we breakfast certainly is! My wife indulged herself with a cheese and mushroom omelette that would have fed the both of us, the only quirk (as a breakfast dish) was it came with a salad garnish. My wife described it and her accompanying portion of beans as extremely tasty.
myself I enjoyed the lightest of textures Scrambled Egg & Bacon served on a toasted Muffin, If I have a niggle it is that the muffin and toaster seemed shy of each other and the muffin lacked that crisp golden brown colour to compliment the clours of the Eggs & bacon, all that said it was delicious!
Nice quirky way of serving a Cafe Americano that I havent encountered before, served as a shot of Espresso in a pleasing shaped cup and accompanied by a pot of hot water.

I cannot envisage breakfast anywhere else on future visits to Cleethorpes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Looked ok, but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

On a lovely day, being midday, we decided it was lunch time. We were on Sea View Street and had plenty of eating establishments to choose from but we made the mistake of choosing Marple's Cafe. It looked like it had what we wanted, a table in the window near on open door/window. Firstly we were told they needed the table within 60 minutes which should have been a clue to Marples! The tables were tightly packed suggesting a busy establishment. My wife's choice Bacon, Brie and Tomato Baguette with Chips, mine a Steak Pie. They came promptly and looked great although my wife immediately said "the chips are over cooked". Apart from the chips my wife's meal was fine. My Steak Pie suffered from having overcooked beef, which was hard and chewy with lumps of un-edible beef, coupled with the chips I felt this was £10-95p poorly spent. No one asked is the meal ok? When the waitress did return to take the places I mentioned my disappointment but it fell on deaf ears. Not a place we will return to!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Great place for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Not busy - but very accommodating staff and a well cooked comprehensive English Breakfast at a reasonable price!

Visited August 2013