“Best in Cleethorpes !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best in Cleethorpes !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very easy to get to been part of the curry square. Staff are very friendly and soon get to recognise you. Great place for a romantic meal or one for the family. It's also a great place to start or finish a night off been surrounded by bars.

The food is awesome, the mixed starter is a must.

Try it you will love it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

everyone ranted and a said how good this place was so I was looking forward to a nice meal here instead well put it this way this is the first re view ive ever deciding to write to slate the place the staff were very mardy and because me and my girlfriend just wanted a quite meal all we had were a group of middle aged women being very noisey and irritating I would have appreciated it if they were talking about something remotely interesting but all it was, was slating there partners behind there back sounded like a group of witches and to top that off the staff were incouraging this but in all fairness after a long wait for the meal it came and was quite nice but the ice-ing on the cake was the drink I asked for a pint of carling I think it was, when it came I had a sip of it and thought hmmm tastes a bit strange looked in it to find white stuff floating round the bottom of the glass, now am not saying this is what most people with a dirty mind will assume it is I could have been something that was used to make the food or was on somebody's hand and went into the drink so obviously I didn't drink it and asked for a new one the waiter well he said sorry admittedly then got me a new one but by that point I was put off and thought hmmm maybe we should go
so all in all the best part about it was the free mint when we left

I will add though this was over a year ago so it may have changed since then but I am not off back in there that's for sure if you want a decent indian theres a takeaway in scartho called sha hi mahal that's brilliant collection only though :( and also for a restaurant theres millers in Waltham now there very good

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Terrible Meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Having had meals at this restaurant a number of times we were totally let down by the POOR quality of food served on Friday 9th November 2012.
2 Starters, Sheek Kebabs, cold and accompanying mint yogurt was a single portion although 2 were ordered.
1 main course, ME2RAJ’s Special Karahi
Lamb, chicken, king prawn, peas, mushroom, Chana Dahl in an extremely rich sauce. Neatly spiced with so many different flavours £8.50
PLEASE NOTE there is NO mention of onion in the menu brief yet when served the dish was made up of 75% quatered virtually raw onion.
Drinks were paid for separately during the evening, bu,t you guessed it the drinks charge was also added to our bill . GOOD JOB WE CHECKED !!!! we will not be returning. The Millers Indian restaurant in near by Waltham knocks this place into a cocked hat.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sedbergh
“Efficient Indian on a Saturday evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday evening without having booked a table. This was no problem, although they were comfortingly full - a busy restaurant being a sure sign of success. Lots of poppadums arrived very quickly. The food took a little longer, but not unduly so. The extensive menu descibed the dishes well, but my mild curry was too sweet. Probably just the wrong choice. Nicely served up and sensible quantities of well-cooked food. We enjoyed our meal.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great for groups of friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Went in a party of six on Friday night, we wanted to go at 8 but were told nothing til 8.30 but not sure why as it was not busy when we got there. A really extensive menu, particularly good for veggies, no problems or complaints with any of the food apart from one dish being sent back to hot it up ( spice wise ) a bit, only for it to come back too hot! All in all a nice venue for a group but maybe not so great later on as I imagine it will get very busy from the local pub trade. Good value and would go again.