“So good we are booked to go again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thorpe Haven Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Haven Holiday Park
You added Thorpe Haven Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cleethorpes, Cleethorpes DN35 0PW, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“So good we are booked to go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just returned from a four night break in a summer house. 2 Adults and 2 toddlers. Tremendous holiday despite the British weather playing up on occasion.
Gorgeous caravan with lots of space and everything you need. Huge dining area and kitchen and the bedrooms are a good size too. I understand this spec of caravan is new to this resort so was in immaculate condition.
The park was very clean and tidy despite being near to the end of the season. The reception staff were very helpful and we were allowed into our accommodation early.
The pool and restaurant area was immaculately clean and staff very helpful. Food in the restaurant area was excellent and hot. Service was good.
Amusements and show bar were fantastic, even though quite quiet at this time of year. The Seaside squad still put on a good show. The entertainment for adults was the traditional holiday park singers and magicians, ok but could be better.

Food outlets - Burger King, does exactly what it says on the tin. The fish and chip shop - avoid, awful!! Pizza outlet based in the showbar was fab and they deliver to your caravan!!
All round the site and the people was fantastic and Cleethorpes itself had lovely beaches and was a lovely town. We are returning in May when more things are open.
Would highly recommend this to any families looking for a break. 100%!

Room Tip: Choose a summer house caravan...they are light and airy and also immaculate as only very new to the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Haven Holiday Park, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi

I would like to say a big thank you for your feed back. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic time. I have passed on your kind words to all departments.
Thank you for sharing your photo s .

We look forward to seeing you again in May.

Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at Thorpe park.The Reception staff were very welcoming.We found our caravan to be very clean & it was all set out with the Table set for dinner.We had a ensuite Bedroom which was very roomy & plenty of space to hang clothes etc.We also had heating in the Bedrooms & in the Toilet where the shower was which was a lovely surprise because the caravan i booked didnt have heating in so this was very welcoming as the weather wasent very kind to us.The park itself was very clean & full of wildlife we saw squirrels,Geese,& one Evening a fox even crossed the path infront of us.It was quite a walk from the caravan to the Entertaiment Complex.The Food in the Complex is abit expensive although we did have fish & chips from the chip shop in there & they were very nice & all cooked fresh to order.The Entertainment was the usual kiddies disco & kiddie games untill the Adult entertainment come on at 9pm we only saw one evening of it the comedian who was on wasent to my liking as id seen alot of his material done by others so wasent to impressed.We did go to the beach one afternoon which can be found through walking through some little chalets.We also went along the pathway towards cleethorpes which on a sunny day is very pleasent to do.Pleasure Island Theme park is next Thorpe park but unfortuatly it was closed.I did think the park could be lit up abit more at nights we lost our bearings one night & couldnt read the signpost as it wasent lit up enough & as there is a few water areas these were also werent very well lit up & anyone who had small children running on ahead could easily have fallen in not being aware there was water there.That is my only main Gripe about the park.We found a lovely pub over the road from the park called The Trawlerman it does a midweek carvery for £3.99 very good value & very good meal well worth going in for a cheap meal.I would go back to the park again maybe in the summer season when cleethorpes is abit more lively but had a lovely Break all the same.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Haven Holiday Park, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi

Thank you for your feed back, I am happy to hear that you and your family had a lovely time hear at Thorpe Park. I am also pleased to hear that you tried the trawler man, I must agree with you the food is fantasic and good value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the summer for another fun filled holiday.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We love Thorpe park and go on average three times a year. We tend to go in low season or last minute as there are always some excellent bargains to be had.
The park itself is lovely we find it very quiet and very clean.
The staff are fantastic for example this year when we went in March our gas went out in the very early hrs and a lovely man came out at 3am to change it for us.
The entertainment for us is just right my six year old son loves all the characters and the swimming facilities are great.
I would say however that if you are a go go go family then this probably isn't the park for you but if like us you like things a bit slower paced then I absolutely recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you go in low season you will need heat in the bedrooms or lots and lots of duvets.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Haven Holiday Park, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi There

What can I say, thank you for your great feedback. I am happy to hear that you allways have a lovely time at Thorpe park and you visit at least three times a year.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for many more happy times.

Bolton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 3 nights from the 27th September. We booked this break through The Sun newspaper and all in total cost just over £100. Upon arrival check in was fast and helpful. We actually got to check in 30 mins earlier than we should have. We was given the caravan 40 willow park which was a ten minute walk or so from reception. The caravan was standard, not very clean and very small I thought. The tv was great worked well and the fire was lovely and warm. The downside was that there was no heating so at night it was freezing. The bed sheets and duvet where old and tangled not very comfy to sleep with. The shower was also very small and the water wasn't great, the tap water was hotter than the shower which was a disappointment. Besides the faults with the caravan the park was beautiful. Kept well clean and had lots to do. We played pitch and putt which was fun and reasonably priced as well as Adventure golf which is ok for the younger children. The park has everything situated within walking distance but it's nice to get the train round now and again. The staff weren't so pleasant but we didn't let that bother us. Although we had a great time we spent a lot of money as it is very expensive. In total we spent around £400 including bookings and transfers. Enjoyed our experience here but in no rush to come back. Maybe one day when we have children of our own.

• Stayed September 2013
Hi

Its great to hear that you had a lovely weekend break. I have passed on your comments regarding your accommodation,

We hope to see you again in the future with your own little family..

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was not overly impressed with this site, it does have some great points but personally I have found other sites better.
The whole park is lovely and they have some nice scenery around the park, we fed the ducks, geese and swans and was not impressed with the beech, it lookes ok but not really but not really a beech to dig and make sandcastles, we found it a bit mucky, it may have been because it was close to the river mouth but I am not sure. There was not a great deal to do near the park, we always like to go off and explore but not much out there.
The park has a good concept with the pool by having an area where it is just able swimmers allowed so you can actually swim and not have to worry about kids in the way and stuff, which me and my husband like to do, we each took turns watching the kids while we both had a nice swim, the first couple of days we went the pool was warm but the 3rd day it was freezing and my youngest son (5 months) ended up with a terrible cold from it as he was shivering while in the pool, so I did not end up taking him in again, the outdoor area was not open even though the weather was nice but on the friday when we were set to leave my husband went swimming with my eldest son and they were cleaning the outdoor area ready for opening it for the weekend and the pool was like having a hot bath, I think this is ridiculous that they should heat the pool and open the lazy river and splashzone just because it was a weekend and they would be busier, totally discriminating against those of us who like the Mon - Fri holidays!
We were on the outskirst of the park to the left and did have to put up with people riding quad bikes up and down the hills next to the park, which is a bit annoying when you are trying to relax and get the kids to sleep.
The amusements were good and had plenty to do, we do not do the entertainments as my eldest son does not like the characters, the size of them frightens him, so can not comment on those.
All in all a nice site but prefer others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that overall you all had a nice time. I was sorry to hear of the noise desturbance from quad bikes on the hills.
It is ashame that your oldest son feels frightend of the charactors, I hope one day he will grow to love them.

I hope you return to Haven for your future holidays.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have just come back from a long weekend at Haven Thorpe Park with my husband and 2 year old boy and we all loved every second. We booked it through the sun holiday deal and it cost roughly £60 for the trip, bargain! We chose not to pay extra to upgrade our caravan and we're glad we didn't as it was lovely, not far from all the amenities, very clean and had heating in all the rooms which it stated standard caravans don't have. We were very lucky and had lovely weather all weekend but there was plenty to do on the park even if the weather had of been rubbish. I noticed some bad reviews before we went but I really couldn't find anything to complain about and we will definitely be returning next year.

Silsden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I chose this holiday park due to its reviews on here, luckily we were not disappointed :) it was very clean, the caravan was new, the swimming staff were excellent all round, the only downside was the organised activities, some were great and others seemed unorganised and like the staff didn't want to be there. Such a nice park to walk round and feed the ducks if you want a relaxing break :)) they remember where they get food and cane to our caravan every morning, or own alarm :)) overall great holiday.

• Stayed October 2013
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Haven Holiday Park, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you had a great holiday and the swimming staff were excellent. It's also nice to hear that you've enjoyed feeding the ducks on our park.

I've spoken to the Sports and Leisure Manager regarding the organised activities and I apologise if this affected your stay.

I hope you choose Haven for your holidays again in the future.

Kind Regards

Amelia

Been to Thorpe Haven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!