“Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilworth House Hotel

You added Kilworth House Hotel to your Saves list
Kilworth House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lutterworth Road | North Kilworth, North Kilworth LE17 6JE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kilworth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our anniversary meal last week in the Orangery at Kilworth House is one of many visits we have had to the hotel to either stay for the night, attend weddings or eat in the restaurant. Great service and fabulous food! We have never been disappointed. I look forward to a visit to try the theatre hopefully next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel building is very beautiful and set in lovely grounds. We had a Garden Room which is their most basic room type but it was large, very comfortable and spotless. We were a little concerned that there was an event on and it might affect our dinner and the peacefulness of our stay. Dinner did take a long time as there were very long waits between some courses. However the food when it did arrive, was worth the wait. It was exquisite-all of it, every course. The staff did also acknowledge the wait and gave us some complimentary drinks. It's worth going here just to eat as the breakfast is also fantastic but it's also a seriously nice hotel. We had a great night's sleep and had no knowledge of the event taking place. The staff were very friendly and we would definitely go again.

Room Tip: The Garden room are so spacious and comfortable, there's no pressing need to upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

On arrival find somewhere to wait? Staff take your drink orders then forget whom they served & what they ordered. Once seated await along period before you order food.Then wait 20 mins + for your order. After eating then wait patiently with empty plates watching staff stand in groups chatting. Then finally, having what seems the only member of waiting staff approach your table to clear it by himself whilst others watch on. Then after returning home get a phone call requesting payment of your bill, even though on arrival you had handed the gift voucher over twice for inspection by hotel staff.
The theatre experience at Kilworth House is definately worth going to ,we have been several times. The restuarant experience worth a miss.
Mike P

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
KilworthHouseHotel, General Manager at Kilworth House Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Mr. P

Thank you for your review.
I am so pleased that I have had the opportunity to speak to you in detail over the phone regarding your visit and to have clarified that the telephone call was in relation to further drinks ordered and not in relation to the tea itself. I am sorry that these were not transferred to your tea table on the day which would have prevented the resulting problem.
I am pleased that you have in the past enjoyed many visits to Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre and that you look forward to further visits in 2014.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Hertfordshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is absolutely stunning in a beautiful countryside setting. We had a three course meal which was fabulous. We also had a lovely breakfast the next morning in the orangery. The rooms were stunning and provided everything that we needed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed friday night in a very comfortable room and had a delicious meal in the Orangery. We thought this might be our last visit as the last couple of times we had been disapointed with the food and service in the restaurant. But I am so pleased to say that the food and service was back to the very high standard we have come to expect over the last 9 years. Well done Kilworth we will be back very soon.

• Stayed November 2013
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've been to Kilworth House a number of times and always enjoyed it so I decided as a treat I would book 3 rooms for my partner and my family to celebrate my birthday.
It would be difficult for anyone to argue against the fact that Kilworth House is beautiful however the level of service from the staff leave a lot to be desired.
The party met for pre dinner drinks in the lounge and there were no clean tables and no staff in there at all. I later found out that there was a wedding the following day and the bridal party were having dinner in the Shakespeare room the night before, this meant to ask if we could order a drink, to ask for menus, to ask what the specials were, to order we had to stop the flurry of staff along the main corridor servicing the party in the Shakespeare room. There were no staff whatsoever serving in the lounge.
Our table was booked for 8pm and by 8.20 we were still sat in the lounge with no one serving us.
By the time we did eventually ask if we could order and go through to the orangery only 5 of the 6 starters turned up. When we queried if the sixth had been forgotton we were told no however it was clear to see that this had been the case as it took a further 15 minutes by which time the rest of the party had finished their starters.
Main course turned up cold and by this point everyone was so fed up and exasperated we told the waiter we'd just eat our cold food.
I am not one to complain like this and I did give Kilworth House the opportunity to put this right by feeding back my dissatisfaction before writing this review however I do not feel like my complaint has been handled to my satisfaction. I stayed on the 4th of October and was told that the General Manager would be calling me to follow through with my complaint, don't think I should hold out for a call as still waiting.
Kilworth House, you can't let your core business service levels drop for a one time event in another room. You completely ruined by birthday celebrations and frankly a free upgrade does not incentivise me to drive the two and a half hours back to visit.

• Stayed October 2013
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, which made my boyfriends 40th birthday and weekend one to remember. We stayed in The Oscar Wilde room which was beautiful and the view of the grounds was lovely, our dinner, breakfast and the service could not be faulted. We will defiantly be returning :-)

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kilworth House Hotel? Share your experiences!