“'My Fair Lady', Dinner and a great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilworth House Hotel

You added Kilworth House Hotel to your Saves list
Kilworth House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lutterworth Road | North Kilworth, North Kilworth LE17 6JE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kilworth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bourne, United Kingdom
“'My Fair Lady', Dinner and a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed Saturday 13th July.
Our second stay, this time enjoying the outdoor theatre 'My Fair Lady' with a group of friends. What a great production and cast, with early evening dinner before and then after sitting on the veranda with champagne just finished the day off nicely. The house has been restored and added to sympathetically, the lounges are very comfortable with great views into the gardens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Kilworth House on business and didnt now what to expect as it had been booked for me. The hotel is well maintained and decorated in keeping with its country house style. The rooms were spacious. We ate in the Wordsworth restaurant which was good but expensive for what we received. Overall very good.

• Stayed July 2013
Canterbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My daughter recently got married at Kilworth House. In every respect I recommend Kilworth for ambience,luxury,staff and food as wonderful.
Sharan,the wedding coordinator did an excellent job as wedding planner and Paul,the manager of the Orangery restaurant was a great toastmaster.
We had a family meal for 20,the night before,in the Shakespeare room,the food was wonderful and personal waiter service and candlebras gave the room a romantic ambience-we all loved it.
Kilworth is an immaculate stately home and all the excellent staff are commited to maintaining it that way. The history and quality of the renovation,some 10 years ago,is worth reading on their website.
The ceremony.wedding breakfast and reception party are all located in the beautiful orangery,its certainly makes a lovely backdrop to the photos,the venue would work well even if the weather is not kind. I can particularly recommend David Nunn photography, a great guy he put everyone at ease,the photos had a real happy feel to them,my daughter and the groom were particularly pleased with their piccies.
I strongly recommend you consider exclusive use of the hotel,the staff arethen dedicated to you without any distraction and whilst Kilworth have a lot of weddings,they do seem able to make your wedding appear unique and especially important,
We managed to accomodate 100 plus wedding guests in the principal suites plus the luxurious garden rooms-the bride's Marlowe suite was very romantic and especially nice.
The wedding package is very generous with regard to wine and champagne.
On Sunday morning the groom and I both agreed that if were to repeat the event we would not have changed anything.
A wedding at Kilworth is your opportunity to live like a lord in a stately home for the weekend,considering that we had exclusive use of the hotel I thought the final bill was very good value for maney-so many guests remarked what a lovely wedding venue.
I am looking for an excuse to stay there again-perhaps a meal/theatre stay may be good fun.

Room Tip: Look carefully at the principal rooms,they are all beautiful but some have some quirky features that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Was at a fantastic wedding here the venue is superb and i could not reccomend it enough.The staff are all very helpfull and the food was fantastic especially the breakfast.The rooms are great and the beds are so comfy!!!

Nuneaton,Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staying at This hotel is a real pleasure!They just seem to have everything right! We just love the place,and have stayed on many occasions.Rooms,Food,Service,Lounges,Orangery,ambience,Grounds,Theatre,Location,are all a delight!can't recommend a visit enough!We took a theatre break package for “My Fair Lady” and it was wonderfull no exagerations here at all I promise! Try it yourself you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed June 2013
Berkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful country hotel set in acres of landscaped gardens. Inside the decor is a delight, with each corridor revealing a delightful mix of wood, lovely art work and some of the most amazing flower arrangements I've ever seen. Breakfast in the Orangery was simply a delight, especially the eggs benedict.

I saw plenty of people of all ages waiting for their afternoon tea which looked beautiful. Sadly I could not partake as I was working. When I ordered from the bar menu one evening and there was a problem with my food being cleared too soon, the staff went out of their way to correct the mistake and over compensated with some very gracious service.

I felt valued as a customer here, staff were friendly, approachable and helpful to the last; even returning my special neck pillow by first class post after I'd left it in my room.

My plan is to return for a theatre break as they looked brilliant value; and having taken a sneaky sing in the theatre on my early morning walk, I think it would be most exciting to see it in real use!

• Stayed May 2013
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The show being this years production of My Fair Lady which was fantastic.
Its the 3rd year we have been to the open air theatre at Kilworth.
And the show lived upto the previous 2 years.
This production is as good as any I have seen of My Fair Lady over the years. Keep up the good work.
As for the pre-theatre dinner before, the meal was excerlent. And the attentive, helpfull staff made the whole meal an enjoyable start to our evening.
And this year we decided to stay over in the hotel.
Our room was just what we expected, and lived up to the rest of The Kilworth experience.

The hotel is a real treat, and everything is well thought out, and the staff even re-service your room during the evening while your watching the show, with freash towels, toiletries etc.
They even turn down the beds which is a nice touch.

Breakfast was as good as the pre-show dinner. Plenty of tea and toast. And I would recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.

See you all next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kilworth House Hotel? Share your experiences!