“Heaven set in 38 acres of spectacular landscape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilworth House Hotel

You added Kilworth House Hotel to your Saves list
Kilworth House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lutterworth Road | North Kilworth, North Kilworth LE17 6JE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kilworth
London, UK
“Heaven set in 38 acres of spectacular landscape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I found this hotel on the internet and booked it for a one night stay for me and my partner and his mum. As soon as we drove into the long driveway you could not help but marvel at the beautiful setting - set in 38 acres of grounds, manicured lawns and rolling landscape. The hotel looked magnificent, ample parking too. The reception staff were amazingly helpful and polite as were all the other staff, they all complimented the hotel and its grande ambience. The room we had reserved was the Oscar Wilde room - it was out of this world, a large spacious room decorated beautifully with all the mod cons neatly hidden in wonderful made to measure furniture - the room overlooked the patio area and the Orangery. The bathroom was to die for and was filled with luxurious fittings and included complimentary Clarins products. Everything was spotlessly clean. We felt very at home. The hotel has wonderful rooms where one can sit, chat and read, at the same time taking some food or indulging in some cocktails. Again, the staff were wonderfully polite, smart and just added to the whole experience. Overall, we did not want to leave and have already made plans to re-visit, this time for a longer stay. There is so much we did not have time to see - the theatre, the extensive grounds and fully enjoy both restaurants.

Room Tip: Go online and check out the rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

we stayed overnight to see pirates of penzance which was absolutely wonderful far better than the same show in London.The hotel was everything it should be.Excellent service & the Garden room superb.All in all a Birthday present above all others & we intend to repeat it next year

Room Tip: Any room at all
Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The location and house is beautiful, rooms and public areas tastefully decorated. We stayed for 2 nights for my son's wedding and service throughout was faultless.

I see that a number of reviewers commented on the heating (too hot/cold) - the outside temperatures were mid teens during our stay and certainly then inside temperatures were fine.

Is the hotel 5 star - maybe on the bottom end of the range, but still excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My partner and I had afternoon tea at Kilworth House in the Orangery restaurant. It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The location is idyllic, peaceful and welcoming. The staff really are a credit to the hotel - they were very attentive and friendly. We could not have asked for better service. The food was delicious and well presented. I would highly recommend afternoon tea at Kilworth House.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Telford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We have just come back from another weekend at Kilwiorth House, once again another great stay!! .... We had our Wedding Reception here three years ago for 120 guests and everything went as it should!! ...I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone thinking of holding an event here, it was well planned. The Staff went out of there way to please (of course you get the odd one, that doesnt, you get that everywhere!) This time we stayed in The Bronte Suite, the bathroom was superb with its stand alone contemporary suite, sensor lights and power shower.... and believe me I'm very Fussy !

Of course without a doubt I will be back !!
Caroline and Nathan (Telford)

Room Tip: check out there website for best rooms to suit you
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Leicester, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Wonderful building with plenty of character and a beautiful Orangery where we had lunch a few weeks ago.

Everything food wise was fine, a little over priced for what the food was but the Orangery itself and the surroundings made up for the slightly underwhelming food. Aside from that minor gripe, the main issue I had is the slight air of superiority that some of the staff have particularly evident when I ordered a classic pre lunch cocktail which was met with the response "And whats that?"

After that, for what is a 5* star hotel slight slips were noticeable which shouldn't have occurred at the level KHH presents itself.

As I say, everything was, in general, fine and the Orangery would cover a multitude of faults anyway, but to really lift it to the highest level the staff and service need improve to make the entire experience wonderous, not just the room.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Leicester UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Went to celebrate a birthday with all my girlfriends. What could be better than a highly recommended afternoon tea in wonderful location. What on earth made me ignore my initial reaction to the service I received when I first called to make the booking? Disinterested, bordering on rude and certainly unhelpful staff. This was my experience on the next occasion I called. By this time my friends were looking forward to it and I did not want to disappoint. How wrong I was. Kind of OK when we arrived, but have had better welcomes. The tea! Oh dear. Long narrow table - whatever happened to square if they could not do round. So people could not speak to anyone other than those to their immediate right or left. Tea was dumped on the table without us being asked what we wanted. Therefore had to then give orders. My green tea was TEABAGS. I don't have factory floor dust at home and hear I was paying a lot of money for it. We tried and tried to get refills - service was appalling. Waiter came out with the food and complained that there was no room on the table. They had set it with I might add thick and awful crockery - I have had better in a transport cafe. I could go on but really it was so bad it will take forever. What do I think rescues it? The geographical location. Otherwise I really would avoid like the plague and cannot see myself, even living locally, going there again. Title of review says it all. There are far far better afternoon teas available in Leicestershire and half the price, with pleasant waiting staff and in lovely surroundings. Go and get yourself a far better experience than I had.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Kilworth House Hotel? Share your experiences!