“Wonderful getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melton Mowbray
The Red House
You added The Red House to your Saves list
23 Main Street | Nether Broughton, Melton Mowbray LE14 3HB, England   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

What a beautiful little spot of the country. Surrounded by fields and countryside, the view from the back is amazing and the grounds are lovely. The bedroom was both comfortable and relaxing, in a sleek chic decor. I love how all the rooms have different names based on their headboard! Then there is the food, wow! The menu has endless amounts of goodies on and it's actually very difficult deciding what to pick! No easy feet. I started off with the mushroom bruschetta, delicious garlic and buttery. My partner had the soup which he said was fantastic, must of been because he wouldn't let me try any!
I then moved on to the lamb cutlets and my partner had the seabass, definitely needed the 2 fillets as they are quite small but we were both blown away with the flavours, really stunning. The food isn't the only great thing though. The service was fantastic, the staff are so friendly and welcoming, it's so refreshing.
All in all it was a wonderful stay and we will definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: We had the "White Fur" room which was great because it is at the back so no road noise!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We booked this for a joint Fathers Day lunch. The service was excellent upom arrival with a free pint for the dads! the food was amazingly cooked, and the local fayre fantastic! I have not been here for many years, and belive the food to be some of the best in the area. I will be back again, as will my family as we had a fab day and enjoyed ever minute and every mouthful!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We visited The Red House for a weekend away with 4 couples, 2 of whom had small children. It was a perfect location as we could all go for dinner in the excellent restaurant and have a really relaxed time and catch-up but also keep an eye on the children upstairs frequently. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and very accommodating with the children - we basically took over one side of the bar area - the local beer was fantastic! The rooms were all individually decorated and ours was very nicely done - we'd happily come back again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I live quite close by and he booked a table here for a Valentines night meal as the restaurant has got a good reputation and I am happy to say that the reputation was spot on as the food was very good indeed. The place looked clean and the service was great. Attentive but not over the top. We'd certainly like to come back!

We didn;t stay the night here although we are aware that there are rooms to stay.The decor was very cosy but modern within the bar and restaurant.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Phate66
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

We decided to return after getting married here earlier in the year and remember the great day we had. We stayed just befored christmas, and were happy to see that the high standards were being maintained! Cosy, nicely designed rooms (with everything you need in them), and a relaxing bar area. The staff are really friendly and add the extra touch to the personal service. and of course they remembered us! We love the food and wine! whether you fancy a proper bar meal or the real restaurant experience, its all there. Unfortunatley isnt want really garden weather, but weve enjoyed chilling out in the courtyard in the past.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed at the red house, near melton mowbray in august with a large group of friends and family, for my auntie's wedding.

When i arrived, i first noticed the grounds and the gardens which surrounded the marquee, i thought they were very well maintained, there is a lovely coutyard with tables and chairs, where you could sit and eat lunch or just have a drink, (or two) from the extensive wine list.

When i checked in, i found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, we deceided to have lunch, there was a very extensive menu with mostly locally sourced ingredients, which i think is important in a good restaurant. I am vegetarian so the head chef came out to talk to me, and was very helpful, he said he coule pretty much cook anything i wanted. He made me a ratatouille gratin with their homemade bread, and it was really delicious!!

Next, we went to our room to unpack, i was really impressed with the room, the bed was very comfortable, the room very nicely decorated and very clean.

The wedding was in the marquee which was really nicely decorated, the tables looked beautiful.

Again the food was delicious! the waiting on staff were very smartly dressed, very helpful and polite.

We had a wonderful afternoon, and onto the evening do, the hot buffet was really good, plenty of choice, and again the staff were brilliant.

We had a wonderful sleep, went down to breakfast to a great full english, which again was locally sourced. I am very impressed with all of the food that i had at the red house, and i equally impressed with the staff.

I was told that the Red house has a sister hotel a couple of miles away in long clawson, called the crown and plough, which my husband and i intend to book for our anniversary.

Overall, i would thoroughly recommend any of my friends or family to stay at this hotel. My auntie and her husband also really enjoyed their wedding day, and would recommend anyone to have their special day there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Melton Mowbray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My daughter got married on 28 August and we arranged for the reception at the Red House, Nether broughton, Melton Mowbray. The owner and staff had arranged everything perfectly. The reception itself was held in the marquee which is permanently erected at the rear of the hotel. The facilities were better than we could have hoped. The staff worked vary hard both before and during the reception. The food exceeded our expectations and there was no trouble in accommodating different dietary requirements.

The rooms in the hotel were good, clean and comfortable. One very slight peeve - The wardrobes conatined iron, ironing board, hair dryer, bathrobes and tea-making facilities, so there was very little room for clothes!

• Stayed August 2010

Been to The Red House? Share your experiences!