“Very nice dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In the centre of the Derbyshire town of Ashby de la Zouch, ASK Italian restaurant offers superb Italian cuisine in modern surroundings. The menu includes pizza and pasta, and is well priced. An excellent choice for families, this popular restaurant features a varied menu as well as set menus for the children which include activity packs to keep them occupied. Look out for dishes such as the capra grill with melted goat's cheese on ciabatta with caramelised onions and beef tomatoes, or the rigatoni pasta with meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce. The chocolate nemesis is a must for all chocolate lovers and is served with vanilla ice cream. The beer is all Italian Peroni and the wine list features a good selection of proseccos, reds, whites and rosés.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very nice dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have eaten here on a few occasions and the latest was the Saturday after Christmas in a party of 8. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and the staff are very friendly and welcoming.
I would recommend you try and get a voucher code for your visit as this trims the prices down although they generally aren't available for Saturdays.
We started with some lovely cocktails which are reasonably priced at £5.75. The Prosecco-based Italian Twinkle was very nice.
The restaurant was full but contrary to other reviews the staff were very efficient and the service was spot on.
We all enjoyed the various food we ordered and overall the meal was excellent. I will certainly return again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Decided to come here on my birthday as always found the food nice. Our waitress Sophie was attentive and friendly but rushed off her feet. We only saw 2 staff waiting on the tables. My main of Pollo Milanese was ok- nothing special and very bland but my partners pasta was a watery mess. The sauce was the consistency of water. It was so bad he had to send it back. His pizza replacement was tasty but it meant we both ate alone. At least we weren't charged for his main. A word of advice. Two glasses of mediocre wine will set you back over £16. Just not worth it ! I won't be back.

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Always good! (Use your Clubcard though)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great food, service is always good too, nicest place to go for miles, you can use Tescos Clubcard points here which is the clincher; would be a bit too expensive otherwise. Points quadruple which means a meal for 4 comes in at about £15 worth of vouchers. Warning: drinks have to be paid for separately and they are very expensive, but hey ho! It is our kids' favourite restaurant for miles and there are plenty of other places...

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Too busy not enough staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here several times. Always loved the food. Service is generally good too- especially if served by the very young, smiling, tall lad. However, I was v disappointed on a Friday evening with my son. It was heaving. At one point, a long table to accommodate a party of ten was set up next to us and was so close, there was no way of us getting out of our seats. That caused no end of disruption and tuts. We waited, and waited to ask for the bill. But everyone was too busy serving. After 20 mins we went to the till. The manager was most out out and was curt bordering on rude when taking our money. Very disappointing. Having said that, do try the courgette chips. The sound bland. They are delicious.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greater Manchester, UK
“Great wholesome food with a personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I dined out last week in this restaurant and I have to admit I've never eaten at an ASK restaurant before. Not to my knowledge anyway. I'm generally not a fan of the 'franchise' restaurant. But to be honest this ASK restaurant really comes into it's own with the service. We was in a large group work party, so the standard is that someone gets their meal mixed up. This didn't happen. The service was par excellence. Attentive and helpful, 'Sophie?' did a fantastic job attending our table. The food was served quickly and was lovely. Everyone got their food at the same time and made for a brilliant evening. What a team. Well done and keep up the good work and we'll keep coming back while were in town.

• Visited October 2013