“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Description: NOW OPEN LUNCH...12PM-9:30PM DAILY
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We come to olive garden regular, and love the place. It doesn't matter how busy they are, they always make you welcome and are never treated any different, good value, friendly and a fantastic atmosphere, would recommend it, fab when its your birthday!!! Thank you Carole and Steve burrows and kids x

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been here a few times over the years but tonight I feel I should write how great they where! I went for a meal with my nan and my two year old daughter. On arrival we ordered drinks and sat in the lounge area looking at the menu. My two year old accidentally knocked the table knocking over my full pint glass of coke and my nans full Bacardi and coke, along with another diners full drink. As you can imagine I was extremely embarrassed and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Took us straight to our table while they cleaned the big mess up and replaced our drinks free of charge. Once seated they couldn't do enough for us. Very pleasant.. And fantastic with my daughter making a big fuss of her. The food was amazing as always. We ordered off the deal menu two courses for £6.95 bargain!! There was plenty and we all left stuffed!! The staff made us feel welcome and I can't wait to go back again!!

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family and friends took me to the Olive Garden for my birthday last night, the food was excellent, and the staff very good, overall a brilliant night. well worth the money and will definately be going again very soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I know that this restaurant has fantastic reviews, but none of our party of six enjoyed it at all. There is a lively atmosphere and the staff periodically burst into song to celebrate birthdays at bursting your eardrums volume! When the staff weren't assaulting your ear drums with head rattling sing songs the music was very loud and not condusive to conversation.

The restaurant itself is cluttered and looks a tad grubby and tired, though I wouldn't say it wasn't clean, just a mish mash of fabrics and pictures and gaudiness. The menu is by far the most confusing i have ever attempted to digest. In the form of a book with photographic illustrations a bit like you see on holiday as you walk along the beach. The choice is extensive and confusing with some unusual combinations that you wouldn't normally
hy find on Italian menus. That's not a bad thing, some of the dishes sounded delicious and had the food lived up to its billing I coulds have said what an amazing menu but alas the food was very pooor.
The prices are reasonable and the portions very large, to the point of being over facing, so you could argue it's good value for money, but on the whole the food was badly cooked, piled high and not of a good quality.

The service was friendly and competent, but none of our party would visit again or recommend it to anyone as we didn't enjoy the food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
wigan
“Top B*llocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited on a Monday whilst they had a special offer on main course pasta & pizza dishes (An offer I believe may no longer be available). This proved to be fantastic value for money but without this is in mind, the food, atmosphere & service was all excellent. Both our dishes were ample and tasted fantastic, the atmosphere was relaxed whilst the service was helpful & friendly. If there was one tiny little awkwardness, the chair at the table where we was seated, constantly kept sliding towards the wall which was a tad annoying.

• Visited September 2012