“Great stay to visit family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast On Us
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Green
Bradenton, Florida
“Great stay to visit family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my second visit. The hotel is fairly new, very clean, and has everything you would need. It sits by itself, with nothing walking distance, but is very close by shuttle to Akron/Canton airport. We had breakfast a couple of days, and a light dinner one night. Service was great, food good, but priced a bit high. Breakfast not included.

The only down side, the coffee. They have gone to Keurig in the rooms, instead of the old 4 cup pots. They have also done away with the china mugs they used to have. I would imagine the mugs were disappearing, so they went to paper, but the mugs were really nice.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the airport side. The interstate behind the hotel could be noisy. Be aware there...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
lmisconish, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Did you know you can book our bed n breakfast rate where breakfast is included with the room rate? Plus when you book this rate kids eat free! I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Akron Canton area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Hotel fire alarms go off at 5am Saturday Morning. Hotel staff and Fireman in my room as i am getting out of the shower. No explanation to why it is going off or what happened. this went on for at least 45 minutes. Mades only cleaned half the room. I called about getting AC fixed never was resolved. Very unhappy. I stay at hiltons every week.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely apologize for your experience. From your description, I can certainly understand why you were disappointed with your stay. It is never pleasant to be suddenly awakened by a loud fire alarm and I am sorry that a sincere apology was not given by my staff at the time of the incident. I also apologize that the AC unit in your room was not fixed in a timely manner and your room was not serviced properly. I understand that both my maintenance staff and housekeeping staff attempted to enter the room on multiple occasions but you were working and did not want to be disturbed. Nonetheless, we should have been more diligent in addressing your issues.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn near the Akron-Canton Airport. The hotel was very convenient (10 minutes away) from North Canton and Belden Village, as well as the airport. The first room we tried smelled strongly of mildew, and we asked for a different room. The front desk folks were very nice, and moved us to a better smelling room. The carpet in the hallways and in the elevators were in rough shape, and in general, it's probably time for some renovations. We paid about $160 (including tax) for one night; that price seemed expensive to me for the state of the hotel, although comparable hotels in the area were charging more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guests rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again after the beginning of the new year. We will be going through a full renovation at the end of this year. We would love to have another chance at showing you how much we appreciate your business.
Louisville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Don't get a room on the highway side of the building if you can help it, constant noise all night. Believe it or not, the airport side is quieter. The staff is helpful enough and the food in the restaurant is surprisingly good. Very close to the airport and not overly crowded.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

lmisconish, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us. We'd love the opportunity to have you as our guest once again. Please think about giving us another try on your next visit to the Akron Canton area. We'd like another chance to dazzle you!
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The weekday price for a room was very high, lending me to believe this was a new property, which along with its very convenient airport location, commanded its high room rate. I had a 6:45 am flight out of CAK so I booked a room. It turns out this is an older Hilton Garden Inn or it simply sees a lot of traffic and has aged quickly. The HGI brand has now been around for a while and some older properties are showing their age. This property is indeed very close to the airport – perhaps within walking distance if you have only a light overnight bag – but there are no sidewalks. They provide a very timely shuttle that takes about 2 minutes to get to the small but pleasantly simple regional airport. There is absolutely nothing else at this exit of I-77, so without a car, you are stuck with the hotel’s food options, which are overpriced. Nearby exits on I-77 have plenty of options. The bedroom and bathroom were clean but also felt a bit dated. The room has a mini-fridge. The mattress was way too firm (and I like a firm mattress). The major problem was the AC unit, which failed twice, resulting in a very hot and stuffy room and a sleepless night. The windows are sealed – preventing any fresh air as an option. The evening front desk staff (a young woman) was very pleasant and the evening maintenance man was also very nice, prompt and understanding. He got the AC to work temporarily but it conked out again around 1:00 am. As I was checking out, the night front desk staff was an older man, who was far more interested in reading his newspaper than listening or responding to my concerns about my room’s AC. To her great credit, the very professional hotel’s general manager responded promptly and courteously to my voice message and email the following day, readily refunding me for my stay. Outstanding service recovery! Bravo for her!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
lmisconish, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us. We will be going through a full renovation starting in October. There will be new carpet, bed linen, tiles, and much more.
If you stayed in one of our King bedrooms, we have upgraded our king beds to the new adjustable Garden Sleep System. Were you aware that it is adjustable to your personal setting? The dial is on the side of the bed. We encourage our front desk staff to tell you about the bed and dial at check in. next time you stay with us, please ask about it. We think it will be one of the best night’s sleep you’ve ever gotten!
It is less than fortunate that your Air conditioning unit was not working properly. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry you did not experience that.
I am pleased that we were able to give you a service recovery for your stay. We want you to feel comfortable and fully rested when staying with us. Please consider giving us another try the next time you are in the Akron Canton area.
De Pere, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel has a nice lobby and nice grounds but the rooms are very poor. Shower was not in full working order, this was not fixed. The TV did not work. It takes some time to figure out all the boxes to check and questions to answer to get the "free" internet access. Was given a room that smelled like an ash tray, very hard to sleep in when you are not a smoker.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

lmisconish, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Starting October of this year we will be going through a full renovation. We will have new carpets, bed linens, tiles, and much more. We are working hard to keep our hotel in top shape and pleasing to our guests.
My sincerest apologies for us placing you in a room that smelled of smoke. While we work hard to make sure that our non-smoking rooms stay that way, sometimes we do fall short. If this should ever happen again, please let Guest Services at the front desk know right away. We will do whatever is possible to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your stay.
I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Akron Canton area.
Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Have stayed at the property numerous times over past 7 years. Never disappointed. Regardless of arrival time (sometimes very late) they do an excellent job at the front desk and the rooms always delivers - good bed, quiet nights sleep and great shower.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for such a nice review. We work hard to provide a safe and reliable stay for all of our guests. We appreciate your continued loyal business.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport? Share your experiences!