My flight home was postponed a day due to weather, so I decided to give this new hotel a try. I had high hopes that it would meet expectations, but that was not the case. My one night stay in a non-smoking king, was booked online with hotels.com. With AAA discount for $89 (w/ tax $102.36).
At first I was pleased with the room but upon closer inspection my disappoint grew. The ergo adjustable chair was very comfortable. The room had wifi with a strong signal, and access to a networked printer located in the business center. Beside the desk sat a waste can filled with trash. The bed has extremely firm, actually it was an adjustable air bed, but I could not locate the control to soften it..
The bathroom had a curved quartz countertop. A selection of soaps, mouthwash, lotion & shower cap that was neatly arranged beside the sink. There was a small wall mounted hair dryer and I was happy to see a single lever to control the shower .But I couldn't help but notice about 6 -7 short hairs lying on the ceramic tiled floor, yet the toilet paper ends were folded into triangles. The toilet was a low flow/high pressure unit.
My room also contained a small bar with Sanyo Mini fridge and separate Sanyo microwave. 4 cup brewer, a selection of Regular & Decaf Royal Coffee, Mini Moo Half & Half,sweetners. The Phillips HDTV flat screen with HBO and a basic cable package. also offerered pay per view.
The hotel has an indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center. They also offer equip to use in the privacy of your room. Room Service is also offered. Dinner is servered from 5 to 10pm. They offer an eclectic menu with something for everyone. I ate at the bar, which seats six. They have soda on tap, bottled beer, a selection of top shelf liquors and a small selection of wines by the glass or bottle (3). The Great American Grill has an open floorplan adjacent to the lobby and lounge.
I ordered a Tuscan Chicken Ciabatta (chicken breast, provalone, pesto mayo, carmelized onions) lettuce & tomato on the side with dill pickle wedge and fresh fruit (strawberries & cantalope) $8.95 & Killians Red $3.75, The sandwich was very tasty and filling.
When another guest placed an order to pickup at a certain time the waiter blew off the request offering to deliver it to his room instead. (Room Service adds a $2 fee and an 18% tip to bill) The hotel was experiencing technical difficulties and could not run any credit cards during my stay.
I saved my company about $36 by staying here, instead of a hotel located at Belden Village 15 minutes away from the airport. The only noise I heard came from the highway, but once the window hvac was turned on via wall mount termo that noise was drifted away. The cost, convenience factor and knowing that this was a brand new hotel with onsite restaurant where the main reasons why I chose to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Akron Canton is Centrally located between Akron and Canton and less than one mile from Akron-Canton Airport with complimentary shuttle service. Our hotel has 121 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms to accommodate all of your traveling needs. Begin your day with a cooked-to-order breakfast and stay connected with complimentary WiFi access and catch up on emails in the 24-hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport Hotel North Canton
- Hilton North Canton
- North Canton Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport Ohio/Green