“Convenient hotel... but under construction” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast On Us
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Green
Tacoma, United States
“Convenient hotel... but under construction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days during the last week of August and it is pretty nice, very convenient to the Akron airport and ok on the price. There are a couple of drawbacks, first and foremost is that the hotel is under construction which depending on where your room is in the hotel is pretty annoying. My first night I had a room high in the hotel (facing the freeway) away from the construction and didn't hear anything. When I came back later in the week I had a king room and it was on the second floor near the construction and I could barely sleep with all the road noise and then the construction in the morning. Outside of that the hotel was mostly nice. It is a Hilton Garden Inn, so breakfast isn't included and the King beds feel weird with the dials on the sides.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Our one night stay was paid by United Airlines as our flight was overbooked, so we arrived without our luggage, toiletries, etc. The staff at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful, so much so that one of them offered to let us use her own personal eye contact solution. Now that is customer service above and beyond.

Also, the complementary cookies at the lobby are delicious!!

• Stayed September 2013
Paducah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I travel pretty frequently and would recommend the HGI at Akron Canton airport. The staff are great - very friendly and go out of their way to ensure your stay is great. Love the business center - I was able to print my presentation in color!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Cleveland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is staffed with the nicest and most helpful people I have ever known. They are friendly and most informative. They were always ready to help with anything we needed. I am looking forward to going back soon.

Pansey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The accommodations, while great were somewhat pricey. It's a great hotel, but a little on the expensive side. I would recommend this hotel highly. Everything was what you'd expect at a Hilton Garden Inn.

Renton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Due to an unplanned travel delay, we got a room here as "distressed" travelers ." The shuttle came to CAK quickly after our call and, from then on, things went very well. We had a nice chat with the shuttle driver on the very short ride to the hotel. Once we got there, we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. We got our room very quickly.

I should note that we travel with a very small service dog. The hotel is not "pet-friendly," but of course, service animals are allowed. The staff made me feel as if the dog was a welcome guest as well - I mentioned that they could call the previous hotel we were at [a Homewood Suites about 40 miles north] and they said it wouldn't be necessary. Our room was conveniently near, but not adjacent to a door [which is good because service dogs are still dogs who bark at unknown noise to protect people], which was good for late/early dog walks.

We got room service for dinner - another good experience! The phone call was graciously handled and delivery was exactly as promised. The steak I had was done really well - honestly one of the best steaks I have ever had! my daughter enjoyed the ragout she had, too.

The bed had an adjustment for firmness, but we couldn't figure it out, so the only suggestion we have is to have an instruction card in the room? It was pretty comfortable, though, as was the couch.

I would absolutely, unequivocally, stay here again if in the area. I like to spend the last night of a trip near the airport I'm flying out of and the Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport is the most convenient hotel to CAK. There are fun things to do right in the area, too [MAPS Museum and Fannie May/Harry London chocolate store], and the hotel has a nice pool.

'Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The most remarkable hotel I have visited....and I have been in quite a few. They are on top of everything. Wonderful experience. Staff was great....food was excellent. Convenience was great. Must visit!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport? Share your experiences!