“Business trip, 3 nights” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Green
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Daphne, Alabama, United States
“Business trip, 3 nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Awesome location, near the interstate but away from the crowd. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean with comfortable rooms/beds, even with a crowd at breakfast the host made sure the food was plentiful and fresh. Would recommend to you w/o hesitation. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of a hallway because the elevator is so slow, you might as well take the stair...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow, you will not be disappointed with this hotel. It is great, First off, it is very clean, which is really all that I want from a hotel. I want a clean safe place to stay.

I was originally put in a first floor room, and asked if I could move up to the third floor. The hotel was very gracious and moved us. They put us in a room across from the elevator, but I never heard the elevator, the rooms are very quiet.

The few small "issues" I had was with the size of the pool and the breakfast personnel.

The pool is quite small, there is actually a sign on the wall that states that only 12 swimmers are allowed at a time. If 12 swimmers were in this pool you would need to know everyone, because you would be rubbing more than elbows with everyone. It is SMALL. Not a big deal, but still something.

The breakfast is very good, but the personnel was not the friendliest. They were not rude, just not friendly. There was a sign on the container of hard boiled eggs explaining how to cook an egg in the microwave. But there is no microwave. I asked for a microwave and was allowed to use one in the "kitchen" the first morning, but the second morning was told that I was not allowed back there. Again, just an odd occurrence, seeing as there is a sign that says this is how you cook an egg if you wish to.

My theory is that if I am complaining about the lack of microwave at breakfast then I am stretching to find anything to complain about. It is a Great Hotel.

It sits near the highway, but it is not that loud inside. It is very close to all of the amenities that you would want on a trip, a Walmart, a McDonalds, etc. Very convenient.

This is a wonderful hotel, I would recommend it to anyone that is passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was clean. The service was excellent and it was close to food. I had to spend a weekend in Akron and decided on the Fairfied Inn. It was a good choice.

Check in was quick and painless and they even gave me a coupon for a free appetizer at the TGI Friday's next door. While I don't really go to chain restaurants this one was less than 100 yards away, I was tired, didn't know the area so convienience won out for that late night drink.

The tv had a decent amount of channels and the wifi was strong. It's in a cul de sac with a movie theater and a mexican restaurant and the only othe things around walking distance are car dealerships. So overall the price was good for what you received. my only complaint was that I had a room facing the highway so you did hear noise but like I said I was tired so I tuned it out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

You can almost never go wrong by staying at a Fairfield Inn and this place was no exception. The property is clean and well maintained. The room smelled fresh and was clean. The wireless worked well and there were adequate TV channels. The breakfast was varied, fresh and had healthy choices. The staff was very friendly and the check in and check out a breeze. The exercise room had plenty of equipment and it was all in a good state of repair. The TGIF restaurant next door was very convenient and good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've come to love the Fairfield Inn and what they have to offer. This was my first time visiting this particular location and I was not disappointed. Everything lived up to my expectations from the clean room, quiet hallways and awesome staff! I must say that my favorite improvement over other locations I have frequented is that this place had actual eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast! They have done away with the pre-packaged, microwave-yourself breakfast sandwiches and have replaced them with healthier, more tasty alternatives. I will definitely visit this location again if I needed to!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kettering, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Outstanding Customer Severice! Brittany, greeted me by name and with a smile and stated that they had been waiting my arrival.I would highly recommend this location...the customer severice made the stay very enjoyable and the next time that I am in Akron, I will make sure to look them up...thank you Brittany and Shirley...you made the trip worth while.
Again,Thanks Brittany and Shirley.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was booked to stay at this hotel on a business trip...the reservation went very smooth as when I entered into the building the front desk clerk, Brittany, greeted me by name and with a smile and stated that they had been waiting my arrival...they had a great room prepared for me and it was quiet...the other staff that I encountered were also very nice and friendly...I would highly recommend this place...the people made the stay very enjoyable and the next time that I am in Akron, I will make sure to look them up...thank you Brittany...you made the trip worth while...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!