“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Green
Franklin, Indiana
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip and found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is well maintained and stocked by a very friendly and efficient staff person. The only restaurant in walking distance is TG Friday which was OK but nothing great. My only complaint was that the towels and sheets could have been upgraded.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fairlawn, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

TJ was great first impression. I had a terrible experience at Courtyard Marriott Akron/Stow and moved to this location for my visit. TJ was very understanding and offered us a great room. He was very empathetic and restored my confidence in Marriott - thank you TJ! I have been Marriott Rewards member for over 10 years. The hotel is very clean and amenities are excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am a Marriott rewards member and I typically do not stay at their Fairfield Inns. However, all of the other Marriott hotels were sold out the week I traveled to Akron for work. I was actually impressed by the hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean, and spacious. There was free wi-fi, and breakfast was provided in the morning. Bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, coffee, water, juice and a waffle maker. There is also a drive thru starbucks a mile away! There is also a Fridays literally across from the hotel, so if you want an easy meal you have an option in walking distance. The hotel staff were really nice, when I checked in I was offered a bottle of water, and they even asked if I wanted cold water or room temperture water!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend as a center point for The Rock and Roll Hal o Fame i Cleveland and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. It was easy to find, except for the freeway exit ramp being closed as we drove via the turnpike from Chicago. Several restaurants like TGIFridays are in the area, as well as Kmart, etc. Room was clean (and yes, I checked under stuff!) and maid service good. The breakfast was included and was the usual fare, with with a lovely attendant making sure it was well stocked. Enough seating for everyone who came while we were there. The only downside was the ability to hear corridor traffic and the TV's in the adjacent rooms. Third floor at the end of the hall was a good choice for us. Elevators came fast and were clean. Gym and pool available, but we didn't have the time to use them. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor end of the hall was good...not facing TGIFridays might be better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I enjoyed the property's friendliness, cleanliness and breakfast. It's situated conveniently next to a TGI Fridays.

If you want to sleep comfortably, reserve a room on the 3rd floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor and could clearly hear the guests above us walking around and talking. I don't think they were being especially loud—there just wasn't a lot of sound-proofing between floors.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield akron South May 10th 2012. I had business meetings that day, Breanna an employee there was quite helpful organizing transportation on very short notice. Overall experience was good. Paul

Room Tip: Speaking with Breanna they have a shuttle for pickup to/from airport.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Olney, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

After staying in the newly renovated Fairfield Inn in Maumee,OH a couple years ago (which was really nice), this was just...ok. (Forgot how tiny the pools are).Beds were smaller than usual, wallpaper peeling, breakfast choices not great, and the coffee was in a thermal pump pot that was not refilled later in the day - they seem understaffed at later hours so I feel badly for the concierge. She was nice and got us a fridge for the room and an extra crib (which she had to look for) and extra blankets (but she was going to leave the cart in the room for us to take the fridge off ourselves - I didn't get that - I told her my husband has a bad back and I think she understood=d it wasn't the normal thing to do to leave it for us to take care of). The chairs in the room were so uncomfortable and un-ergonomic-- I can't figure out who even approved those for purchase. It wasn't a bad experience per se - just not anything I would like to experience again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!