“Very clean ...but bring some mattress foam!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Akron

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Green
Value Place Akron
You added Value Place Akron to your Saves list
3325 Fortuna Drive, I-77 & S. Arlington Road, Green, OH 44312   |
Special Offer
Great Spring Deals
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Green
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Very clean ...but bring some mattress foam!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel was very clean... staff was very nice. I have to say housekeeping was done on days promised and was done well! It's been a long time since I've stayed in a hotel that was kept this clean.

The female night desk clerk was not very friendly and came across short and rude at times... like she didn't even want to be there! Daytime manager was great! My suggestion to them would be to get a new night clerk... and to guests would be to go to the desk during the day!

They really need to get new mattresses! The mattress was very old and hard... not easy to sleep and woke up sore every morning! But overall, I would stay here again... hopefully with a new mattress.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms with new mattresses!! Other than that... everything was great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Akron, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are updating our beds at many of our locations and Akron is one of them! You shouldn't need the mattress foam the next time you stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Okay u have to stay here im a business woman and traveler and stay in hotels often. But the service, rate, cleanliness, security, and friendliness is unbelievable. You will never go to another hotel after just one stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Akron, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments! We strive very hard to provide every guest with a clean and safe environment. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon!
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rates are very reasonable!! The property manager/daytime desk attendant is awesome! He made me feel very welcome and appreciated. The other staff were very attentive and kind! Housekeeping was outstanding! Cleanest rooms I've been in! The security was also great... I never felt unsafe with there being keyed locks and cameras at every entrance and throughout. It's nice to have a full size refrigerator, microwave and stove in your room that make it convenient and less expensive than eating out every night. It's a great location and is close to stores like WalMart and Target, many restaurants and also a movie theater! Convenient to the highway as well. There is a 24 hour on site laundry room that is coin operated and makes doing laundry very convenient! Also there are vending machines with beverages and a large variety of snacks for late nights that you don't want to run out! There is ample convenient parking.

I would recommend this place to anyone! The overall cleanliness of the property was above what I could have expected! They also have staff that live at the location so there is always someone there 24 hours a day for any emergency situation! Value Place is my new favorite place to stay and I will choose them first in my future travels!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments! We are so happy that you've decided to stay with us. We always try to provide the a very clean environment for all our guests. We want them to feel at home with us. We hope that you will choose Value Place again the next time you need a place to stay.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice clean rooms, and amazingly quiet! I was on the third floor. Kitchen makes it great to prepare meals without having to eat out. Friendly staff. Bed is really hard, but I like a firm mattress so I can deal with it. My only gripe is the hi-speed internet is barely better than dial-up. You will not be streaming Netflix.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Akron, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We know our internet is slow and we're working on upgrading it at all of our locations. We're glad you found the property clean and quiet.
Akron
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The building structure is so flimsy that if someone walks around above you the whole room below shakes. It is terrible.
Low speed internet less than 1mb and they charge $11.00 a week extra.
Shower water temp is comfortable, barely.
Cable channel selection is poor and changes without the staff even notified.
To confirm other reviews the beds are simple plywood and the cheapest mattress.
Staff seems overwhelmed and overworked as the lower price attracts people that may not be pleasant for staff to deal with.
I have stayed several times but the money saved is paid for with misery.
If this is all you can afford then bring ear plugs and hope you don't have a heafty "clomper" who walks around above you all night long.
The positives are the rooms are clean though the smoking rooms reek.
Security is above average and mostly the facilities work.
Some of the staff are the nicest people i have met, others not so much.

Wish i could stay more often at a reasonbly priced quality hotel.
Wish this hotel chain could get it right.

Room Tip: request the 4th floor to reduce chances of your room shaking all hours of the night from a booted in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Akron, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Value Place is working on upgrading our internet speed. I am sorry the heafty clomping disrupted your sleep, but we are glad you found the property clean and safe.
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for two months while the house I was buying was being finished. The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. It was an extremely hard mattress on top of a piece of plywood with storage underneath. If I had not brought my own pillows and an additional comforter(for cushioning) I probably would have never gotten to sleep. Additionally, the room smelled like cigarette smoke for the first month I was there until I finally went and bought a glade plug-in to cover-up the smell. Also, the night manager was incompetent and very rude.

However, it seemed like they were making an attempt to make it a better place to reside. They were redoing the carpet and replacing some of it with laminate flooring. The room did have a full-size refrigerator, two burner stove top, and a microwave. Additionally the daytime manager, I believe he was the property manager, was a pleasure to deal with and was very understanding. For the extremely reasonable price (monthly rate is less than three weeks or weekly rate) it is definitely hard to beat, but I would only stay here again if I absolutely had to.

Room Tip: Walls are thin so i would suggest a room on the top floor by the elevator or stairwell.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were here for 5 weeks. It was really hard to sleep, because we were next door to the office. Whenever the staff goes in and out of the office (through their laundry room), the door slams so hard that our dishes would shake and rattle. About the time we'd get to sleep, they'd slam that door again. We asked to be moved to another room, but our requests were ignored until a couple days before leaving.
Other than the noise from the slamming doors, it was a relatively quiet place. In the 5 weeks we were there, we only had a noisy interruption once, when another guest had a fight with his girlfriend over drugs, and she ran down the hallway knocking on every door screaming "help help, he hit me! he's trying to kill me!" The hotel security showed up promptly and had her removed, and even evicted the guy. So there were no more interruptions after that.
They have strict rules like "no walking in hallways without shoes or shirts", "no loitering in parking lot", "no washing your car or working on your car", you can't have a "for sale" sign on your vehicle. All their rules were fine by us. It meant we couldn't grill outdoors, but we had a kitchen, so it was no biggie.
Now, their furniture is as delicate as paper. If you look at a drawer funny, it will fall apart. They give you a list of how much they charge you for damage to each item. Consider yourself warned! If they claim that you stained their bottom-of-the-line stone-hard mattress, you will have to pay them enough money to buy a houseful of top-of-the-line mattresses. The price they charge you for each item has absolutely NO relation to the actual price they pay for it. If one of their drawers fall apart on you, they'll charge you something like 400 bucks. I suggest you don't use the drawers at all. They are only put together like a card castle, not using any nails, screws, or even glue. Make sure you sleep facing away from the bedside table, so you don't blow it apart in your sleep! If they think you touched the smoke detector, the fine for that is around a thousand dollars. Don't look at that either. And whatever you do, don't open the windows! They charge you for removing the "window-stop", and you can be evicted for it too.
The rules are not hard to follow. The staff leaves you alone. The internet is not free, but it's dependable. I'd stay there again, just not on the first floor.

Room Tip: Not near the office or laundry, because the doors slam constantly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Akron, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I apologize that the noise made it difficult to sleep. Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. We have no tolerance for unlawful behavior and will promptly handle security issues for the safety of all of our guests. Please give us another opportunity to serve you next time you need extended stay lodging.

Been to Value Place Akron? Share your experiences!