“New Property, All Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   898 Arlington Ridge East, Green, OH 44312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Green
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
“New Property, All Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a new property that is well maintained. Checkin was fast and efficient. Rooms were well appointed and spotless. Breakfast was attended to and the dining area was clean and maintained. All in all a good property. GPS could not find this address but you turn on the road by McDonald's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to the airport...about 10 minutes. The property is clean and nice, but no frills. From a business travel perspective, it works. I would not recommend taking kids to this hotel for any vacation type stay as there is not much here. However, I'd stay here again as the staff is nice and the location is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great service. Clean rooms. Nice gym facility and clean pool. The location is nice - close to the airport and plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. You can't go wrong with this one. Oh - and you can usually find warm cookies waiting at the front desk for you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We rode the airport shuttle last night and the driver was dangerous. She didn't have her headlights on going down the highway, she was swerving and when we got to the hotel she wove through the parking spaces at a high rate of speed. If someone had been in the lot she would never have been able to stop in time. After the fact, she seemed very apathetic. She complained about our bags and overall seemed like she would rather have been anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The management at this hotel made my stay unpleasant, the hotel itself and the staff like the housekeeping and the front office are great, but the management it is horrible. after staying here for work and having a couple of issues with management unfortunately I would not come back and stay at this hotel and consider my stay here poor

Room Tip: choose a room on the other side of the highway it can be annoying at times.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area), responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear JuanRo041,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am pleased that you gave us an excellent score on Rooms and Cleanliness. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had experienced with the hotel staff. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here twice last month, first three nights upon arrival from the Cleveland airport and then one more night to return to the airport. The rooms, breakfasts, and fitness room were excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was convenient for Hall of Fame in Canton as well as Rock Hall in Cleveland. We were glad to stay at this HIE on the way back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotwire. We came in town for the Akron marathon, this hotel was a little out of the way, but right by rt 77, so it really ended up being a great location for us. I originally booked the hotel for just one night, but then hotwire offered a second night for the same price so I decided to book a second night. We checked in with no problems. Our room was on the first floor, and at the end of the hall where there was a door that led to the parking lot. Which was very convenient, but also very noisy at night. We stayed Friday night, and got up at 4:30 am to head to the marathon. So when we got back to room it was around 11-12, and planned on napping. As soon as we crawled in the bed, someone knocked at the door, it was house keeping asking if we were saying another night, I informed her yes we were and that she could come back later to clean our room. So I crawl back into bed, just happy to close my eyes then another knock at the door, this time the manager who started yelling that we booked our hotel through hotwire, and we couldn't just stay another night. She was very rude, and I think ready to kick us out. I informed her that I booked another night, she said no we didn't. I told her I had an email and confirmation. I asked if she checked to make sure, she was very frustrated and annoyed that I would ask that, I told her I would meet her with the desk with my email. She left and I was pulling everything together when the phone rang and she said she found our reservation. Our room was nice, definitely had a lot of noise from the hall. Just disappointed in how rudely we were treated.

Room Tip: confirm your reservation when you check in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cstarrrun,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you liked your room and the location to be very convenient for you. We do boast about our accessible location because we are directly along Rt 77. I appreciate the high score for Cleanliness, the housekeeping team take great pride in their work and it is lovely that it is noticed. I do apologize for the noise and for the misunderstanding with regards to your reservation. I am sorry you received a service which was unacceptable and for any inconvenience the staff may have caused during your stay. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for bringing this into our attention as this is our best resource for improving our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area)

Address: 898 Arlington Ridge East, Green, OH 44312
Location: United States > Ohio > Green
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Business Hotel in Green
#4 Family Hotel in Green
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area) 2.5*
Make the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Akron your personal Hall of Fame hotel. Located in Akron, Ohio our hotel is easily accessed off of I-77, exit 120. This beautiful new hotel is convenient to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, The Inventors Hall of Fame & The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Coming to this Akron hotel on business to visit Goodyear, Smuckers, Bridgestone - Firestone or Diebold? Indulge yourself in one of our brand new Executive Business Suites featuring a separate sleeping area, conference table, DVD/VCR combo & remote printer. Stay Smart and prepare yourself for the day ahead. Make yourself or someone you love feel like a superstar at our Akron hotel. Indulge yourself as you experience the luxury and first class service of the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. Relax in our new whirlpool rooms and make any day a special occasion. Start your day with breakfast at our complimentary hot breakfast bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. Don t forget your laptop so you can stay in touch with your world using our free wired/wireless high speed Internet access. Stay in shape or just unwind in our heated indoor pool or fitness center. Stay Smart and start your Hall of Fame visit to Akron with the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Akron South (Airport Area)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area) Ohio/Green

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.