“Just served” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Bury, United Kingdom
“Just served”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I love the food here and the surroundings but I was dissapointed this last time, the young girl serving didn't interact at all just took the order and went. When paying for my meal the same no personality no did you enjoy your meal... Also the onion ring were not home made just the ones with mushed onion inside.

I will go again and stay safe with the bowland sausages and fingers crossed the girls will be more friendly.

Visited July 2013

Rossendale
“Nice view of the cemetery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Holden wood is situated on the outskirts of Haslingden on the grane road in is in a dissused church building wich is shared with the antiques shop, this is a old style tea room with plenty of cakes to choose from. There are a few comfy seats if you are lucky, we had scones, you cant beat a good scone in my opinion but you my think diffrent we also had coffee
The last time we visited the Holcome hunt were in the car park next door to add to the rural feel, would we visit again without doubt we would

Is this a good or bad thing no phone signal no one disturbing you

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Traditional Tea Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Called in for breakfast with the family on our way upto Gretna Green. I had the smoked salmon with scrambled egg and it was tasty but not as nice as last I went.

Hubby to be had the full english, which he enjoyed as did my daughter.

Would def go back as is a nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochdale Lancashire
“Lovely all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My Mum and I went here today with some friends of ours. We had a look round the antiques centre and then we had our lunch. The service and the food were excellent and it was an very enjoyable day out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea not as good as hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

On our 2013 mission to have lots of afternoon teas, this was one of the main places on my list. It is local and we have been here a number of times for lunch (the soup is very good).

On this occasion though, I had high hopes and was disappointed.

We arrived and it was very busy, we hadn't booked but found a table. A young waiter came quite quickly to take our order and we asked for afternoon tea for two, one with coffee and one with tea. 2 minutes later he was back asking us what we wanted, specifically. I got their menu and showed him and off he went. He came back again saying that we needed to select a cake from the fridge at the front and we could choose the sandwiches and said he could tell us hat they had. We suggested a selection and went to choose a cake - in fairness the menu does say a choice of the cake rather than a selection as with most afternoon teas.

The food arrived and was nice, and was served with salad! The scones were large but a tad doughy for my liking and not enough jam and cream for the size of them and the two of us

The venue is very nice and the team are very polite but on this occasion not the best

• Visited March 2013