“What a wonderful break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Foxhill Barn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gisburn
Foxhill Barn B&B
You added Foxhill Barn B&B to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Howgill Lane, Gisburn BB7 4JL, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Gisburn B&B and Inns
newcastle
“What a wonderful break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a two night break and wish we had found it years ago. The hosts Jan and Pete are a lovely welcoming couple who are extremely friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The place itself is a converted barn which has been renovated beautifully. The guest lounge is large and has a wood burner fire which is such a pleasure to sit and relax in front of on an evening with a glass of vino. The views from our bedroom window where stunning as is the one at breakfast on a morning as you look out onto the paddock. As mentioned previously in other reviews it is so quiet on an evening and the beds so comfortable that we both had a fantastic and restful nights sleepThe breakfast was delicious and filling with various choices including salmon and scrambled eggs . Thoroughly enjoyed our little break at Foxhills and can't wait to return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been staying at Foxhill Barn for the past 5 years now and it truly feels like home from home. Peter and Jan are two amazing hosts, who will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and most importantly, really clean and the bathroom is too (especially the one with the jacuzzi bath!). The location of the B&B is so tranquil and quiet that it makes for an amazing nights sleep! Breakfast is great, lots of choice and freshly cooked in front of you whilst you ponder on the days activities. Beautiful outlook from the breakfast table out onto the patio and gardens too! Fabulous place, fabulous hosts and all at an amazing price for such luxury! Already booked for my 2013 break!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I cannot express more how welcoming and friendly the barn is. When myself and 4 other members of my family went to stay at the barn, we were welcomed by Jan and shown to our rooms which were in brilliant condition and by far the cosiest i have came across with amazing matresses offering a welcoming sleep. Not only were the rooms spectatular when entering the guest lounge all of us were made to feel right at home. There was no tv or radio and it was a relaxing experience i am glad not to forget. In the morning waking up to go downstairs to breakfast was a real treat as the food tasted amazing as it was all local, then to finish before we were to leave, i personally had a very relaxing jacuzzi bath followed by a shower. I cannot fault my stay at the barn and for anyone who wants a relaxing stay away from home i would suggest the barn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay here at foxhill. Peter and Jan first class hosts. It felt like home from home,so comfortable from people to bed. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Views and surroundings were beautiful,breakfast was lovely,a good old full english. Would definitely recommend a stay here and I will be most definitely return with my family next time.

• Stayed October 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

"By hook or by crook, I'll be first in this book" seems a very apt title for the first review on the Foxhill Barn listing. I'm not sure if people still write this in their friend's autograph books, but it does give me pleasure to to do this. I spent a very enjoyable weekend walking the Ribble Way and Gisburn was my second overnight stay en-route. I discovered the Fox Hill Barn through "The Ribble Way" Cicerone Guide and rang Peter a few days before to book accomodation.The barn conversion only has one double, one twin and one family room, so at busy times of the year, you may have book a long time in advance. I was lucky and Peter was able to offer a double room. Fox Hill Barn is located two miles from the Ribble Way but he volunteered to pick me up to save my legs! After 20 miles, you don't want any extra! The bedroom was fine and the bed very comfortable. Although my room was not not en-suite, there is a dedicated bathroom which was very plush. Peter and Janet do evening meals Monday to Thursday and as this was a Saturday, I missed out, but Peter was able to take me to the local caravan site club where meals are served and I was able to watch the football on a large screen! After a very good night's sleep, I took breakfast in the large dining kitchen. All the guests sit at a large table which creates a very nice family atmosphere. Janet's breakfast was something to die for with plenty of variety. After breakfast, Peter took me back to the Ribble Way to start day 3 of a 70 mile trip. In this very delightful part of the Lancashire* Countryside hooks and crooks are a very much parts of the local scene, so whether it is fishing or walking, cycling or other leisure interest, this could be the ideal place for you. *(Traditionally Yorkshire) Thank you Peter and Janet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Foxhill Barn B&B? Share your experiences!