“Authentic Italian Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Gisburn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A warm welcome and friendly atmosphere awaits you in this cottage style restaurant in the heart of the beautiful Ribble Valley which offers exciting and genuinely traditional Italian cuisine. To ensure the highest quality only the best local produce is used in our recipes whilst our specialist food products and wines are supplied by small dedicated producers from various regions of Italy.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This little gem reminded us of a typical Italian roadside restaurant - nothing much to look at from teh outside, but absolutely capturing what you'd expect in the Italian villages which are home to its owners. We were veyr warmly welcomed, and took the owner's advice on pre-dinner cocktails in the downstairs bar before ordering and heading upstairs to the unpretentious but warm and comfortable restaurant. Everything was typical of the genre, incredibly fresh and authentic regional dishes, right down to the home-made breadsticks. We have small appetites, so only had some olives, then a starter and main course each (no extras) which was more than we could manage. Excellent flavours, excellent service.
The bill for two (including pre-dinner drinks and four glasses of wine) was £78, which we though represented extremely good value, especially for such flavousome fresh quality. Overall, a delightful evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

colne
“Great venue, host fantastic, great food, great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked for valentines day as recommended by many clients. Food was fantastic! Starters and main were excellent, could not fault ! Def recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Unusual Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Saturday £10 lunch offer attracted me to visit the restauarant whilst on a visit to the area, having noticed it earlier when driving through Gisburn. I thought that the value for money was good. Of course the choice was small at this price but some of the menu was interesting/non-standard. If I lived nearer I would certainly plan to go for dinner. As another reviewer has said, this is a more authentic Italian restaurant than some city restauarants where the food is Italian with international modifications. I will go again if I have the chance. Note that most of the tables are upstairs and so not many seats for those with mobility problems. I appreciated the home made freshly prepared gnocci and pasta - it does feel and taste different from mass produced offerings elsewhere - perhaps not to everyone's taste?

Visited November 2012
North West England, United Kingdom
“Excellent and very authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I have visited La Locanda now 3 times and have always found it excellent . The food is consistently good , the atmosphere very friendly and the hosts extremely helpful. We are planning to visit again very soon and would highly recommend it

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have driven past La Locanda so many times and never stopped there. After seeing a comment from someone on Twitter about how good the food was, I booked lunch there with some friends last month. £10 for a 2 course lunch, and we all loved it. The food was fresh and bursting with flavour, and the service courteous and efficient. I knew my family would enjoy it and so I returned with them today to sample the Sunday lunch, at £15 for three courses and coffee. As predicted, they loved it too. There was a choice of three dishes for each course and I think we could have eaten all of them. This is definitely going to become one of our regular haunts, I think. Special mention must go today to the limoncello cake, served with a lemony custard/creme patissiere on the side. I'm generally disappointed with Italian desserts, but not here.

• Visited February 2013