You added BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bowgreave Drive, Garstang PR3 1YE, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garstang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Golfing trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed for the second time at Garstang and it was as good as last year. The staff were great as was the food. The bedrooms were comfortable. The only drawback was that the Pro-shop didn't cater for ladies!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
GarstangHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your positive comments were well received by the team. I believe you may have already spoken to the staff regarding the pro shop (always the best way) and I am sure the pro shop manager will look into this for you.

Thanks again

Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ashford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

If a clean, comfortable room and delicious buffet breakfast served in attractive surroundings by friendly staff is what you are looking for, then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
GarstangHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your review, your comments about the breakfast and friendly staff were particular well received.

Hope to see you again.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I can't complain about anything with this hotel. From the friendly staff at reception going to make me a sandwich (I arrived after 10pm and the resturant had closed), excelent breakfast (with proper sausages!) and very comfortable room.
The only problem that I did have was that this hotel was suggested by my company travel agent for a 1 nght stay prior to a meeting in Lancaster the following morning. Although the hotel is only 12 miles from Lancaster, the receptionist told me to allow upto an hour to drive in to the city. As it happens I was able to avoid rush hour (my meeting dod not start until 9:30) and the drive took me 35 minutes, but this is still too long when I requested a hotel local to my meeting venue.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - the hotel is set well back from any roads
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GarstangHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am sorry your agent wasn't more specific although I am pleased our receptionist was helpful, if a little cautious due to recent road works, Lancaster is a historic city with a road system which struggles to cope at peak times.
As a country hotel, with countryside views, peaceful location and free car parking we offer a relaxed alternative to the city center hotel which can give greater convenience. This coupled with the great food and friendly service you encountered I hope we can persuade you and others to try a suburban hotel for 15 minutes extra in the car.

Blackpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our golf group, fight gents have stayed and played at Garstang twice a year for the past two years. We have always enjoyed our stays previously but on this occasion we were all disappointed. The rooms were great and the pillows super. The food however was a major let down. With our DBB booking e have always been allowed to choose from the al a carte menu with an allowane towards food. At registration a stroppy receoptionist gave us what she called a la carte but was obviosuly table de hote, no steaks. We complained and were told to choose of the bar menu, limited and no starters. We also had to order our food there and then, we were not happy with this but did so. As we arrived Eight pre cooked steaks arrived within 2 minutes of sitting down, They were poor and we did not enjoy the meal at all. Breakfast again is not cooked to order, did not look great ond only four of the group tried it, not good and we will now be considering if we are to return. Shame really as the place is very nice and usually meets our needs.

Room Tip: We had four ground floor rooms and they were fine
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GarstangHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
I we're sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion and hope you will return based on your previous experiences.
We are currently redesigning our menus as other guests like yourself have understandably found our menus complicated. I am pleased you did get what you wanted and can 100% guarantee your steaks were not pre-cooked, the reason your meal arrived so quickly is because you pre ordered your meal a benefit which some large residential groups prefer but can be refused.
Like many hotels we do choose buffet service for our guests breakfasts and we have invested in the latest equipment to ensure that our food is of the same quality as it would be coming from the kitchen, we agree it does not present as well however our guests no longer have to wait for their breakfast to be cooked and served, a positive for many or our residents.
After your last review on the 24th October 2011 we are grateful you mentioned the pillows, I hope this also proves that we do listen to our guests and make improvements based on your feedback. Hope to see you again.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My daughter Helen and her fiance Richie chose Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre for their wedding venue. Chris the wedding planner was charming and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rural setting is lovely situated near to Garstang village and ideal for road transport in-between Preston and Lancaster with the seaside town of Blackpool a short drive away. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and had a lovely welcome tray packed with goodies, the white towels were luxurious along with the bedding. The wedding guests commented on how friendly and helpful the staff were and that nothing was too much trouble. Anne and her staff set out the reception room on the day and worked hard all night looking after the guests. The DJ provided by the hotel played great music and got the party going.
The buffet was excellent and everybody enjoyed it even Helen's 97 year old Grandad who is hard to please. Chris was master of ceremonies and the whole proceedings ran like clockwork. Laura in reception was very pleasant and helpful and was at hand to help guests during their departure. Thank you to all the staff for making my daughters wedding such a special day. Viv Clayton.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GarstangHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel. It was an genuine pleasure to be chosen as the venue as little as 6 weeks ago but we all enjoyed working with Helen and Richie to make their day special.
I will pass on special thanks to those you have mentioned.

Thanks again

Lichfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel whilst working in the area in early February.
The hotel car park is free ,check in was very swift, and the room was clean, spacious and had lots of space.
Room service was very quick and the meals were excellent quality.
The menu selection is very good and varied.
I had breakfast on one of the mornings, the guy in the breakfast room was great, very polite, nothing was too much trouble, he is a credit to the company.
Check out was very swift too, I actually asked to check out the night before as I had an early start, the lady on reception was brilliant, she arranged for the bill to be printed off etc and when I popped back it was all done.
I have to say, I have NEVER slept in a bed as comfortable as the one I had when I stayed if I could have taken it with me , i would have done.
I would stay at this hotel again it's well worth the money and the meals are not expensive, they are priced fairly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
GarstangHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for leaving your review and being so complimentary about our hotel. From the car park, to reception, breakfast and bedrooms you have given us a glowing review of all areas which is greatly received by us all and I'm sure other TripAdvisor users will find useful.

I will try and find out who was the receptionist and the member of staff at breakfast and thank them for providing you with good service.

Thanks again.

Garstang, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We were invited by friends staying at the Garstang Country Hotel & Golf Club to join them for dinner in the hotel's Kinfisher Restaurant yesterday evening. Having checked out the restaurant's latest a la carte menu (dated 14/01/2012) on its website, we were looking forward to fillet steaks with all the trimmings.
Unfortunately the table d'hote menu we were given bore no relation to the advertised selection we'd seen on the website. We asked twice whether we'd been given the correct menu for the Kingfisher Restaurant & were assured that this was all that was on offer. Although the meal we ended up with was well presented & tasty, we would have preferred to have chosen our meal from the a la carte menu.
Since the restaurant's lovely-looking lounge bar was closed, we were forced to join the throng of more casual diners in the Bradbeer Brasserie, where a wide-screen TV was showing a live football match & one poor girl behind the bar was trying to serve 20 people at once. When she called for help, another member of staff was sent to join her. Unfortunately he was only 17 & therefore unable to serve alcohol, which seemed to be what the majority of customers wanted.
This is a lovely, modern hotel in a beautiful setting, with friendly staff, delicious food & tasteful decor, but on last night's evidence it was let down by needless penny-pinching, ie: not enough staff to attend to the needs of their customers.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review and please accept my apologies for failing to deliver the menu advertised on the website.
As this was the week of Valentines day we chose to take the opportunity to try some new dishes in readiness for the new A la Carte menu and we failed to remove the existing A la Carte menu from the site whilst this was happening.
As our staff were instantly available to assist with service I hope you will appreciate that it was the sudden hit at that bar which caused the apparent shortage of staff and certainly not any penny pinching on the part of the hotel, this would contradict our culture at the hotel as other reviewers indicate.
I am pleased to read however that you found our dishes on the night well presented and tasty this bodes well for future diners and as a local to the hotel I hope you will get an opportunity to return soon to the restaurant and try these new dishes.

Chris

Been to BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre? Share your experiences!