“Excellent meal great service ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
mcskier
“Excellent meal great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went on Friday night and really enjoyed a fantastic meal. Each course was prepared to very high standard, the menu choices were well thought out with a range of fresh dishes to choose from. I really enjoyed the lamb shank. The chef also prepared small dishes to enjoy between courses which were also innovative and well presented, a mini cooked breakfast was really very good. We should all support restaurants like this.

Kilham, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The best meal I have had in ages! I have just been on holiday in the area and eaten in several restaurants whilst there. The meal at Whinney Brow was not only the best of these, but better than any recent meals I have had in my own area for a long time. I could have chosen many things from the menu, everything sounded delicious. After a fabulous starter and main course I hardly had room for a dessert but they too sounded too good to miss. The bread and butter pudding with home made custard was to die for. The service was friendly and very good whilst not being obtrusive.
I wish I lived in the area so could return soon. I shall certainly return when in the area next. If you do live in the area I cannot recommend Whinney Brow Eatery too highly. In my opinion it is the perfect place for a meal with your partner, family, friends or indeed a work Christmas meal.

Driffield, United Kingdom
“Best meal I've had in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent quality food. It really was the best meal I've had in years. Very pleasant and friendly staff. The pork belly was beautiful in taste and presentation. I can't wait to go back again and try other dishes.

“Another perfect meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time visiting Whinney Brow eating house and I didn't think they could beat our first visit but wow our second visit was even better. I am so happy we have found this lovely place to eat everything is just perfect.
We visited here on Friday me and 3 others the atmosphere was perfect the staff were as efficient as ever and so helpful. I had the garlic mushrooms to start they were perfect and the bread was homemade perfection :-). Again we got little tasters and this time we had a mini breakfast which was absolutely unbelievable never seen anything like this there was black pudding bacon tomatoe mushroom quail egg and even a tiny piece of fried toast was brilliant then after our starter we were presented with ham hock terrine which was amazing. For my main I had the lamb henry honestly this was delicious with homemade mint sauce and the mashed potatoes were so creamy. For desset I had the bread and butter pudding with homemade custard woweee never tasted bread and butter like that before. The staff here deserve a Special mention as there is no where else like Whinney Brow eating house and as for the last comment I can only imagine they are talking about somewhere else as the food is 5*+ and the mini golf is wonderful we didn't play this time as was raining but last time we did and I think it's wonderful and so much fun im nearly 50 and I loved it there are some miserable people out there.
Well done Whinney Brow team yet again you made our night perfect and we are returning for your taster menu to celebrate your 1 st birthday. Everyone please book for then the menu is to die for :-) also booked for next weekend too
Keep up the great work you will go far :-):-)

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just ate here with family. Firstly the signs to the place are terrible with 5 different ones viewed from the road - very confusing. The tacky flashing one on the south-side is unforgivable for a place where a main will cost around £15. Once inside the atmosphere is ok but again a bit confusing with crazy golf offered outside. Not sure if it's kids cafe or up-market eatery. First course - bread and oil- was a disaster with two sliced cheap buns provided with the oil. Not what you would expect from any half-decent place. Food when it came was average at best. Not worth the money. Overall, not great. Could be much better with little more attention to detail so hope this may help owners see what may be needed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
stuart w, Owner at Whinney Brow Eating House, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to Whinney brow eating house. Unfortunately you visited at 5.30pm which is still when we are serving our day menu which has been created with family dining in mind. We did try to accommodate your needs by giving you our evening menu to also order from, which you did. Our day menu ranges from £2.50 but does not exceed £10 except on a Sunday and that is £11.95 for our Sunday lunch. The evening menu is a bit more expensive ranging from £12.95 upto £24.95 for a main course. This menu is intended for people that are going out to enjoy a full evening meal not just a quick bite. Which ever menu you order from I can assure you of the quality as we pride ourselves on the produce which we use and the product that we put on the table.
The signage as always and will probably always be an issue due to planning. The flashing neon sign, I agree is nasty but many of our regulars now think we are shut if this is not turned on.
The crazy golf is something that we have inherited from the previous establishment and this means that we con offer it free of charge to our customers. Many of the families that visit us think it is great and gives there kids someware safe to play an burn off some energy.
I would like to thank you for your feedback as we do take every review very seriously especially the poor ones and we will use your opinions to try and improve our service. Although it could of been more productive if you had expressed your opinion during your visit when you were asked if everything was ok.
At Whinney brow eating house we endeavour to give our customers a plesent, relaxed environment both day and night to enjoy anything from a cup of tea and a cake to a full 5 course evening meal. I sincerely hope that this wont put you off visiting us again as a buisness in its infancy like us can only get better from feed back like yours. Hopefully we will see you soon.