“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Is it gastropub? No. Is it all freshly made to order? I think not! Probably Aunt Bessie is involved!! Don't stop reading though! A three meat Sunday roast with dessert for 6 adults and (by voucher after signing up to email updates) 6 free pints. ....how much? £45. The plates were huge, the gravy thick, tasty and plentiful, the staff were pleasant and helpful and all the service was at the table, no noting of table number and order at the bar! A beautiful pub inside and out. Downside? I wish pubs wouldn't double the menu price to then offer so called 2 for 1. I find it a little condescending! Would we return? Absolutely! Thankyou.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We live local (walking distance) so have given this place chance after chance as it would've been ideal for us to keep going regularly. This must've been the 6th time we've been and the 6th time it's been horrendous. Everything looked pale, the presentation was really bad and everything looked like it had been microwaved! I felt embarrassed for the lovely staff who had to serve this stuff they call food :( my daughter had lasagne that came in a small bowl which was only a quarter full, It was hard and looked like it had been microwaved to death. My mother in law had a phillidelphia and onion sandwich, which the bread looked like it one of those really cheap own brand loafs and barely had any phillidelphia on it! What she actually got was a raw onion dry sandwich :( you can guess that mine and my partners were the same too! We had burgers that were tasteless. They came on a bun with pale chips nothing else. We expected at least some salad, so we asked for a side salad and what came but a small bowl full if iceberg lettuce, a few tomatoes and cucumber. Absolute rubbish.
We will never ever be going back there again! And I just have to say that I have never left a bad review on anything before but after giving the bellflower 6 chances I felt I should!
Seems a shame as this pub is gorgeous inside and looks like a lot of money has been spent doing it up.
Bellflower, change your menus pronto or risk shutting down.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
lancashire
“Come on...what do you expect when it's 2-4-1 on meals!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Got dragged in here for a works do and truly hated the experience. If you like your food cheap, have never really eaten in a proper restaurant before and think food is best if mass produced, weighed to exact specifications and most likely frozen then you will love it!
The menu is designed to make you feel you are getting a good deal but be honest, good meat costs money so sausages, burgers etc are to be avoided at all costs.
If you want to line your stomach before a big night out then be their guest, if you want a lovely meal - book a restaurant and yes you will pay more, but you get quality

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“A nice busy pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been here several times and the food is, I'm afraid, sometimes is a bit hit and miss! I went at a fairly quiet lunchtime with a friend and her fish was very overcooked and dry. My meal was fine. My friend complained and 50% was taken off the bill.
I returned with my family (Daughter, son in law and grandson) in the evening when it was extremely busy. When the food came it was really lovely. I wonder if it could be kitchen staff that made the difference?
All the waiting and bar staff are lovely, friendly and efficient.
I would go again.

Visited May 2013
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Love the atmosphere. Love the choices. Love the two for one.
Wine is excellent value too. The sweets let them down.
Very attentive waiters.
But dont go on a Bank Holiday, the food is not as good!

Visited April 2013