“Boy can they make a good garlic bread!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Out Rawcliffe, United Kingdom
“Boy can they make a good garlic bread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Traditional Italian restaurant, lots of choice and a good specials board. Open kitchen and alot of homemade pastas and sauces. I had the Sole, delicious. Portions are plentiful too. The garlic breads are really good! Great bar area to start/end the night in with an open log fire. Its family owned and run, staff are great. Well worth a visit

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chorley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sardinian and Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have been going to de Carmelos since Carmelo opened this new restaurant -- I have to admit I was following him from his 20+ years at Algheros and the new restaurant is superb - well decorated, smart with excellent staff - even better ( if Carmello doesn't mind me saying so) than the old one - his cooking gets better as he ages ( sorry, matures ! ! )

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poulton Le Fylde
“Very decent Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our meal. The staff were very polite without being over bearing and the food was excellent.
Authentic Italian menu unlike may so called Italians ; would recommend

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Preston, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Building with Lovely Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here I must admit I went to this restaurant expecting poor service and poor food, but after being recommended by a friend I left far from disapointed.

The building itself is beautiful and full of charm. When entering the restaurant we were met by our waiter (Carlo) who was more than happy to cater for our every need. We were seated in the waiting area where he brought our drinks over, a perfect pint of Peroni :D for myself and poured my girlfriends glass of wine at the table for her. It makes a change to go to a restuarant in which you feel looked after by the staff.

We were shortly after led to our table and ordered our starters and mains, the pate and the prawns to start and penne arriabiata and carbonarra for mains with a garlic bread (handmade in the open view kitchen). The dining area feels modern and relaxing but you still sense the underlying rustic charm of this restaurant. The pasta dishes really were delicious. In my opinion, the pasta dishes are a vital part of any italian menu and they were really up to scratch. Literally, couldn't fault them.

After finishing our food, rather than just leaving we decided to go back to the seating area where we started our evening and had another drink. There is no sense of being rushed out the door! I began asking about some of their italian liqueurs and tried one that tasted like hazelnuts and some limoncello. A lovely treat as I didnt have room for a dessert!

A great experiance to share with my girlfriend and will definately be returning in the near future.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Truly Bella Notte!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We actually first visited Da Carmelo in January 2011, my husband organised a surprise meal for my 30th Birthday, with my closest family and friends. The staff were fantastic, the food is sublime and the atmosphere is lovely and feels like you are in Italia itself!

We were seated in the centre of the main room, yet felt we were in our own private area, we were well catered for and service was second to none. They allowed us to bring in our own table decorations (balloons etc) and they presented me with a Birthday cake my hubby had snuck in, complete with indoor sparklers and a '30' candle!

Everyone ordered something different, and all rated the starters, main courses and desserts a 12 out of 10. All members of the party have returned for different occasions, and said the food etc remained as fantastic as the first night we went.

Highly recommended to all, see their website for special offers.

Many thanks to all.