“Gorgeous!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Very easy to find on the High Street. Opposite the Crown Hotel
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A tiny restaurant, tucked away, it would be easy to walk past Pipers; I'm glad we didn't. We had a light and very informal lunch. The food was plentiful and well presented. The service impeccable. The "big fat chips" are both big and fat!

Visited May 2013

81% Recommend
England
“Sorry, I have to buck the trend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been to Pipers before and enjoyed it so much, was really looking forward to going again.
Waited less than 5 minutes before we were shown to our table, the young lady was friendly and efficient. Browesed the menu, I thought it was a little over priced but as I said, the last time was excellent.
Then had to wait quite a while before anyone came back. Once the order was taken, another long wait, then two tiny appetizers appeared. (the size of a 2p coin) nice enough.
Starters, what can I say..... the soup - was hot. Black pudding and pork belly, the smallest portion I have ever seen.
Main course arrived, this was what I'd been waiting for. On ordering I was asked how I liked it cooked. I ordered pink. The duck was a bit over cooked, tasty though. I couldn't tell you what the sauce was as there was no more that a dessert spoon full, the vegetables were very disappionting. A slice of swede, half a baby courgette, a slice of ...I think it was turnip? Bland and tasteless.
We were in the small back room and it did appear that everyone had to wait in there.
As we left, the waitress enquired if everything was alright and I said the duck was a little over cooked, she apologized and said they would have put it right - - ( I would have said something )- no one came to check and no one passed to ask.
Only two waitresses, taking orderes, serving drinks, serving and clearing food, cleaning tables and doing the bills. At the prices they charge, I'm sure they can employ another person. It would be good for the economy and great for the customers.!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Horwich
“No wonder it's Garstang's No1.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Been here a few times now and have recommended it to others who have made an 80-mile round trip just to dine there. Food has always been stunning!! Service is not quite to the same standard, but I'm being picky there. The tables are quite small and close together, but in some way, even that adds to the quirkiness of the place.

On just ONE occasion, one of us had a steak that wasn't cooked very well and when asked if everything was alright by one of the waitresses, we mentioned the part-eaten steak, but got no response other than "I'll mention it to the chef".

I guess that if you keep going to the same place, you are BOUND to have one issue sooner or later, so I'm not marking Pipers down for this, although it would have been so much better if they had made some sort of apologetic gesture.

On the whole though, this place is amazing. Try it - but book early!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Never been disappointed with Pipers! Booked an early table so place had a quiet & relaxed atmosphere. Service was spot on, never intrusive or feeling abandoned. Food was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to eat, would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lovely food, excellent menu, superb value for money and staff very helpful. I visited here on mother's day and the food was amazing, I also took my baby daughter and the staff were very helpful bringing her food out quickly. Will return again for lunch.

• Visited March 2013