“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fleetwood
Crawley
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here for five days with colleagues while attending a course at Fleetwood Maritime College.

The hotel is easy to find, right on the sea front, just where the river meets the sea. This does mean the wind whistles around it at times, but then it was February. The busses and trams stop close by - watch out for the tram lines if you are driving.

The room was pleasant and warm. The bathroom had a shower cubicle, some of my colleagues had a bath as well!

The hotel has variously been used as a hotel, military barracks and hotel again. It is now undergoing a refurbishment.

Reception was helpful but the desk was hidden behind a pillar from the main entrance. There is ample car parking in the back and on the road out the front (which is free).

Food was good. The only down side was breakfast where the was only one waiter to take orders and serve. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and the breakfast menu was very good. Lunch and dinner were also good with a choice of the restaurant or the bar.

There were a couple of functions going on in the evenings but they didn't disturb anyone however, I couldn't comment on weekend functions such as weddings which probably are more noisy.

There is a new gym which wasn't quiet finished when we were there but I got the impression that it might be a members only gym - there was no mention of free membership for hotel guests.

In all a good hotel recommended for business in the winter and pleasure in the summer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hull, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Although I was with a party of approx. 65 for a Line dance weekend, we could not have had been treat any better or with more respect. Rooms clean, food good- Hot and tasty and served efficiently- even though catering for so many at once. Choice at breakfast along with waiter/waitress service was an added bonus. Previous reviews posted showed this hotel as old and staff as ignorant and rude but we found the entire staff to be friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and would definitely stay here again myself.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We spent the weekend at the hotel for a special event last year & returned this weekend. Last year the attitude of the main bar manager was bad but we thought it was A BAD DAY! However he was just as bad if not worse on this occasion, everything was a problem. I am sure a lot of income is generated from big social events, I will be surprised if we return! The food in the bar & restaurant was good, but the hotel is looking tired & grubby. Look after this lovely building it should be a great hotel, at the moment it isn't!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Poor customer service throughout, staff not interested in feedback when things go wrong, room less than adequate, shower rubbish unable to wash unless scalded was advised to use next doors, drunken man outside door slumped asleep blocking doorway at 3am snoring. Have you not heard of the "Health and Safety Act " Food is only a small saving grace, but asked three times to be served breakfast This hotel is run like Faulty Towers! If your staff or a Manager reading this review you need to up your game or you will be out of a job very soon!

The hotel industry is moving quick and fast unlike the North Euston which is stuck in the 80's. Take on board comments instead of arguing with public or your customers like you did when we checked out. You are not value for money and being virtually the only hotel in Fleetwood you need to encourage not discourage customers. You need to focus on customer care or does this not exist in your hotel? Avoid at your peril.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Minehead, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel, with an interesting history in its own right, is located perfectly overlooking Fleetwood sea front, lots of free parking, and a one minute walk from the tram stop. Incidentally, the out of date room guides say the tram to Blackpool is 'slow'. Well, it isn't now! The modernised trams get there quicker than the competing bus and in much more comfort! Most of the hotel rooms have sea views, [looking out towards Morecambe Bay and the Lake District, snow capped peaks in late February] and there are good public rooms. Breakfast was good, buffet and waiter service for hot food. The evening meal menu is sensibly priced with good honest food to suit most palates.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front on the top floor!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

During my stay over Christmas time I was absolutely horrified on how this hotel operates daily I stayed for a family members wedding and the service I received needs attending to staff should most definitely go on some kind of service training as they were quite rude. when in fact I asked one of them if I could have another jug of fresh water they replied "yes but you'll have to wait as I'm busy ok " to which I could not believe. The room I paid for was very overpriced for windows that rattled mould in every corner and badly decorated. The food was very pleasant that's probably the only thing right with this hotel . The receptionist who checked us out that day I seem to recall her being very blunt and ill mannered to stay the least overall I would not recommend this hotel to anybody other than somebody looking to squat .

• Stayed December 2013
Stephenville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

from the moment I walked In there I knew it was a bad choice. the girl at reception was a sour face I think her name was Sam! (I know that because asked another member of staff) never smiled did not seem interested in what I had to say I asked her a couple of questions and the only reply was yes or no answers in a miserable voice she is customers first point of contact and u don't want to be greeted with that I don't expect to be spoken to like that when I have spent my hard earn money on coming here your reception staff need training in customer service .then when we was eating the service staff was rude I am not saying all service if I remember rightly I remember one member of the service staff being quite arrogant towards me and my friends. the room where filthy I don't know who u employ to clean but they need training I don't expect to clean myself when I come on a break all in all in was a nightmare and I do not recommend this place to anybody awful food awful staff poorly run!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to North Euston Hotel? Share your experiences!