“Never fails” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Darwen
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We have a comfortable 20 table layout, wheelchair friendly and more than welcome children of all ages. A fully licenced bar from Pinot Grigio all the way to the exclusive Dom Perignon Champagne!
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Never fails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Called in on Wednesday evening. We didn't book but we luckily got a table as they were quite busy! I had salt and pepper squid...which I could eat again and again the other half had pork dumplings which were stunning.
Main course I had hot and spicy duck...it was that! The other half had seafood with lemon and ginger. It was bursting with flavour and scallops!
No room for a pudding by the time we had also munched away at prawn crackers and seaweed but a coffee which was nice.
Service very slick. George always has a smile for us. He is always interested to know if you enjoyed the food. Which we always do.
Cannot think of a negative point at all...nope really can't!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing family run business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

One of the best Chinese restaurants I have been too. the owners & staff are amazing, so friendly and helpful & the food is deliscious! he salt & pepper mushrooms are my favourite & I love it when the mains come out & they are sizzling hot! Will definatley be returning!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Darwen
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We are never disappointed by a visit to this restaurant, the service and food are very good and, whilst not the cheapest, is still good value in our eyes.
Good and varied menu supported by attentive staff and general pleasant ambiance. The bar / waiting area is a little cramped so I would not advise arriving too early before your reservation time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Padiham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been here a few times over the years and raved about it. The food is delicious and the service seemed great. Me and my partner went recently for a celebratory meal and was very disappointed.

We booked for 8pm and at 8.25pm we still had not been seated - they had obviously overbooked. The staff kept getting us to order a drink which I didn't want to do. We had been perched on two seats next to the door with no table to put the drinks on. I also didn't like that they gave us the menus as with waiting so long I felt we were going to be rushed during our meal.

When we finally got seated (after others who came in after us and were seated before us) it didn't get much better. We ordered a ribs starter and they brought the wrong one. I was trying to work out from the taste if it was right or not as it tasted similar. I wanted to ask a staff member but they didn't seem to be about long enough to check. When I finally checked with someone they told me it wasn't what we had ordered. This was a very poor do.

All in all we were very disappointed. This was something we were really looking forward to and feel the celebrations were tarnished by poor management and over filling of the restaurant. Its overpriced for what service you get!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with the family it's lovely food great on the expensive side but it's worth the money ... Hot and sour soup it's my fav followed my spring rolls highly recommended

• Visited March 2013