“The best hotel experience I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitehall Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Whitehall Hotel to your Saves list
Whitehall Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Ross Street | Park Road, Blackburn, BB3, Darwen BB3 2JU, England   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
“The best hotel experience I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had stayed over two weeks previously and were so impressed that we decided to immediately rebook, and were upgraded to the bridal suite.
The suite was amazing, very spacious and luxurious with a big modern immaculate bathroom and a four poster bed, perfect blend of the modern and the period of the original mansion.
We enjoyed an aperitif in the very comfortable and opulent lounge by an open fire before enjoying a fantastic meal cooked to perfection.
Nothing is too much trouble for Peter the assistant manager, I can honestly say I have never experienced customer service like it, it's how you would have expected to be treated in the height of the roaring twenties in a top London hotel whilst being in a beautiful rural setting. Just perfect. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Accrington, UK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We came here for my friends wedding (reception and night doo), we didn't get a room, but I understand they were very nice.

It was the weekend of heavy snow in march, so almost had too stay, it's quite high up in Darren so got hit quite bad.

The food we had was great for the reception and the buffet we ha at night was one if the best I'd had. The reception room was really, really nice and the master of ceremony made the event, I think the guy loves his job and he's very good at it.

• Stayed March 2013
hULL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed her recently for the third time and I was not disappointed.
As always the rooms, food and service provided were of a very high standard.

A really pleasant change from chain hotels with truly welcoming and helpful staff.

I noticed that the hotel has just competed a refurbishment of the Springbank suite which looks amazing.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip and had a great stay. Lovely spacious room, beautiful building and the staff could not do enough for us. The food in the restaurant was absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended! Unfortunately I didn't get chance to check out the fitness centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Our third visit here, food good as always but breakfast was Luke warm on our last day. The restaurant has been moved to bar area which is a little crowded but apart from that nice lovely. Our stay was midweek with a wedding on the last day so I would recommend not staying over the weekend. If there are weddings as we have found that the wedding party understandably tend to take over the hotel and we felt a little in the way :) will definitely return here though as management and staff are faultless :)

• Stayed October 2012
Whitehall1, Owner at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We have almost completed our new dining arrangements for you to enjoy which will be a little less crowded.
Regards
Neil Bullows
Alhaurín de la Torre, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am very pleased to say, I cannot make one negative comment about ANYTHING during our 2 night stay at the beginning of October 2012......The room was spacious, comfortable,lovely and warm( very important to us as we live in Spain ) and the management and staff were friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble at all....... The breakfast was plentiful and delicious!!!!!!
I would also like to say an "extra big thank you" to the manager in the way he handled the situation when we had no signal for the television in our room for the first night..... He offered to move us to another room that did have a signal, we did decline as it wasn't too important to us ( we didn't lose any sleep over it!!!!! ) and he also reduced our "bar bill" as a gesture of goodwill for the "inconvenience" ...... Well done Whitehall.....we will definitely stay with you again!!!!

Room Tip: Executive room we had was very well equipped and exactly as advertised
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitehall1, Owner at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
My Apologies for the delayed response. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have commended Peter for making amends for the poor signal on your television. We look forward to your return visit.
Regards
Neil Bullows
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My daughter had her wedding reception at the whitehall, the whole day was amazing from start to finish! The room looked amazing and everyone commented how much they enjoyed the food.

I would recommend the whitehall for anyone looking for a wedding venue, all the staff were first class! A big thank you to Louise, an absolute star! from the moment we booked to on the day – nothing was too much trouble!

The room I stayed in was lovely and modern with breakfast included which was very good

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Whitehall1, Owner at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback!

We never take the privilege of hosting a wedding for granted.

I know that Louise is very passionate and genuinely enjoys what can be a lengthy process in ensuring that everything is as it should be. The chef and his team will welcome your comments that - "everyone enjoyed their food." The food and beverage team genuinely attempt to please everyone.

Once again thank you and I will buy the cakes/chocolates for this weeks meeting -:)

Been to Whitehall Hotel? Share your experiences!