“Simply Superb!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Bolton Road, Darwen BB3 2QB , England   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
“Simply Superb!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Birthday meal with friends, what a fabulous evening. Staff are always professional and nothing is too much trouble. I've been visiting for over 10 years and NEVER experienced anything other than excellent food, drink and ambience. Thank you Astley Bank. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with my husband & parents. The food, atmosphere, staff and surroundings were excellent ! I can recommend the taster of winter puddings, a little bit of everything ! Fab ! See you again very soon !

Darwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had another amazing Sunday Lunch at Astley Bank. The menu choice is always a challenge, I changed my mind four times before ordering (my wife called it dithering - I called it making the right choice!). We were warmly welcomed and took a seat in the new lounge area whilst browsing the menu. The meal was served in the marevellous new dining room, when I say marvellous it is stunning. It is such a wonderful blending of new with the old. The character of the place could have been shot to peices but it works really well. The food was wonderful, the service wonderful. the experiance was wonderful. Thanks to everyone at Astley Bank for another wonderful experiance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went last night with friends, it was the Valentine set menu, not our reason for going but we were aware when we booked, there were still half a dozen choice for each course, staff were excellent..... food terrific... we will go again !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just enjoyed another lovely Sunday lunch with my fiancé & parents. Wonderful hot tasty food, great service, lovely staff, lovely setting.

The Sunday lunch menu is great value, canapés, starter, main meal, dessert, coffee & chocolates, all home made for £22.00 per person.

We love Astley Bank so much we have booked for our wedding next year.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We booked a night at Astley Bank as part of a package of visiting friends and relatives and a late celebration of my husband's birthday the day before. We'd arranged for friends to join us for pre-dinner drinks at 6.30pm and planned to have a meal later in the hotel - we'd read such good reviews about the food. However, when we arrived at the hotel we were told we'd have to eat at seven, which was changed to 7.30 when I registered my disappointment. Later we noticed in our room that the final time for serving should have been 8.30, though it says 8pm on the net. We opted to eat out and we can thoroughly recommend Mangiamo's, an Italian restaurant 10 minutes drive from the hotel - though this was hardly ideal on a rainy Sunday night.

Our room - an executive bedroom - was beautiful and the bed was extremely comfortable. However, I didn't feel the towels and toiletries came up to scratch for an executive bedroom. I'm aware we could have asked for better or more, but when you pay for an upgrade you shouldn't need to ask. A word of warning - if you're on the top floor, you will need to run the shower or bath for more than five minutes if you want hot water - but the views from the bedroom made up for this inconvenience.
The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed an excellent breakfast (all the more disappointing that we couldn't sample the evening meal).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
King's Lynn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

It was my wife's 65th birthday on Saturday 11 January. Her daughter and family live in Lancashire and her son and his wife live in West Yorkshire, so the Astley Bank Hotel was well-situated for a family get-together. We spent two nights at the hotel. The beds were among the most comfortable ones we had slept in at any hotel, the room was kept scrupulously clean, and the hotel staff were both friendly and efficient throughout our stay; I also enjoyed the Jacuzzi bath. Six of us and our 2 year old granddaughter had dinner together on the Saturday evening. Although the restaurant was busy the service was excellent and the food of the highest quality and well-presented. I had arranged for flowers to be given to my wife at dinner, ordered via the hotel, and her dessert had a birthday greeting on the plate written in chocolate. We spent some time at Darwen inside market, which is nicely old-fashioned, where I managed to buy our granddaughter her first bicycle. It was a weekend to remember. I have my 70th birthday in December. I think it is highly likely that we'll spend it at the Astley Bank.

Room Tip: We had a room in the older main part of the hotel, close to the reception and the restaurant, but st...