“Never disappointed. Excellent food, ambience and service every time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Astley Bank Hotel

You added Astley Bank Hotel to your Saves list
Astley Bank Hotel
Bolton Road, Darwen BB3 2QB , England   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Never disappointed. Excellent food, ambience and service every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went with friends and enjoyed dinner in the new conservatory which is beautiful. Faultless...... Fantastic food, staff and service. Eaten in a lot of places all over the world and still come back to Astley Bank as my No1 place of choice to eat. Luckily for me, I only live a few miles away!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My sister and I took our mother for a leisurely afternoon tea at Astley Bank, which nestles in beautiful gardens just on the outskirts of Darwen. We had a really lovely afternoon, enjoying a perfectly presented and generous afternoon tea, complete with freshly made homemade pastries, sandwiches, biscuits and scones with strawberries, cream and white chocolate, accompanied by an excellent pot of tea. All this was served in the impressive and stylish surroundings of the recently completed Othello restaurant and lounge, by their attentive and friendly staff. Lets not forget to mention the beautiful platters and crisp white linen napkins! Highly recommended. Our only disappointment was that we weren't staying...still that's something to look forward to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went to see my brother in Darwen and I am looking for a good hotel, by chance I decided to stay at this one, and what a good choice that I made.
I received a warm welcome from a member of staff had a very pleasant room ( 34 ) that was very clean and had a good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed.
I will stay again in the future.
If the management read these reviews my note of caution is as follows, when I booked in I was attended by a member of staff, I went out and came back in there was another member of staff and just asked for a room key and it was just handed to me so I didn't have to identify myself my own personnel view is that I would have preferred had she asked me to identify myself someone else might have been offended had they been asked

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I came across Astley Bank by chance and we loved it so much we got married there in June 2011. Since then we have stayed over for Valentines Day following a glorious meal and we have been with family for many a Sunday lunch. The staff are always exceptional and the food stunning worth the trip from Bolton :) Since marrying we have been lucky enough to have a beautiful baby girl and we hope to hire a private room
for her christening.

• Stayed September 2012
darwen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had my daughters 18th here on the 23rd August and wow what a place. Staff where really helpful
Hotel and restaurant are fantastic. There were fourteen of us in a private room and not one of us had a bad word to say about the food. We live in Darwen but stopped the night making it a night to remember
Thanks to all the staff at astley bank
Mr Henderson

Room Tip: Room 31,28. Really nice. 31. Over looking gardens to side & rear
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I went for a delayed Fathers Day treat to astley Bank. The restaurant has been rebuilt and is fabulously decorated to the highest standard, certainly on a par with Northcote Manor.

The menu is exceptional and covers everything form a sandwich/light snack through to a full A La Carte. I started with a seafood medley it consisted of Prawns, Whitebait, Cockles and crisps and my better half had a medley of fruit - so as not to be full for the main courses. I chose the beef blade and a filet steak.

Both where great and it was a very relaxing and enjoyable night. At the end it was even better as the bill came to £5.05. Sorry forgot we had a £60 gift voucher. Even so at £65 (including wine) it was well worth it an extremely good value.

Room Tip: We didnit stay only went for Dinner.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
darwen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

we went to Astley bank hotel on Saturday night for a surprize 60th birthday for my husband with the family, we had a fantastic time, the restaurant is lovely the staff are great. the food was amazing and great presentation, would just like to say thank you all the staff, and thanks to James Berry for the food, the chocolate sphere was amazing, we would recommend Astley bank, that's why we are having our son and future daughter in laws wedding there next year.
thanks again will be up again soon for the great food, the best restaurant.
graham & Ann Johnson

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Astley Bank Hotel? Share your experiences!