“My kids loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 15 Attractions in Darwen
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Wellybobs is a family run farm with lots of indoor and outdoor facilities.The emphasis at wellybobs is close contact with our wonderful animals. All our animals are extremely tame and are displayed in clean light conditions so you can meet them and stroke them. We have a petting area where you can meet our little furry critters, this is always staffed to ensure our animals are never mishandeled.Outdoors we have lots more animals and lovely countryside to explore,we have an outdoor play area,which includes our ever popular Zip Wire. We also have a 9 hole mini golf course (extra charge applies). Our indoor play barn features a timber play frame, giant bouncy slide, bouncy castle and toddler soft play zone, we also have a reptile area and go cart track. Moo's cafe serves home made hot and cold food and drinks at very reasonable prices and our ice cream parlour serves delicious ice cream made on a local farm. We also have a party area and gift area.
“My kids loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Me n my kids loved it we spent over 4 hour there n I would go again any day only thing I reckon u should put some a map on some papers :-D

Food great price great

blackpool
4 attraction reviews
“Kids loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited on a wet and cold day in may. Got a good 'pony experience' deal from groupon. Just such a shame about the weather as there was so much more still to do outside, but we ran out of time anyway. Kids went wild in the indoor area with bouncy castle and sand pit. Got such a pleasant surprise when they got out snakes, tarantulas, lizards, chameleons, tortoise for the kids (and adults!) to get up close and personal. I wasn't expecting that and the guy showing them was really encouraging with the children. Ate in the cafe and all food was nice for what it was. Lovely homemade mushroom soup, nice paninis with loads of fresh salad. There were sheep, goats, donkeys, cows, reindeers and alpacas - all with their gorgeous babies to oooh and aaah at!!! The kids cuddle corner was always supervised by young very friendly and enthusiastic girls. They got out ferrets, rabbits and guinea pigs for cuddles. The pony experience consisted of the children making rosettes (ribbon and glue gun at the ready) and colouring. Then they went and groomed the 2 Shetland ponies. Lots of brushes and combs to go round. Then they each had a walk with the pony leading them by a rope which they loved, then got a ride on a horse then back Indoors to decorate a horsey shaped (just baked) biscuit which they decorated with different coloured icing and lots of sprinkles!!! Lovey day

Visited May 2013
“Excellent bank holiday day out with my nieces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We bought a groupon family ticket even after reading the negative reviews on here and decided to visit as the weather was fab, we arrived and the farm was extremely busy as you can imagine and we had to queue but thats understandable as everyone had decided to visit on the same day ! We were greeted by very friendly staff who even under duress from the amount of people that were queuing were cheery and very helpful. They made us feel welcome and explained eveything to us! We had some food in the cafe which i thought was reasonably priced and they had paninis on the specials board which were delicious. We then visited the animal unit and the staff were very helpful, my nieces loved holding the smaller animals and being able to feed the bigger ones as they are animal mad! Yes there was some dirt on the floor but its a farm park what do you expect ? overall we had a fab day and will certainly visit again and to all the negative people with negative comments Im glad i didnt listen to you as we had a great day and if youre going to complain think about how hard these people work to bring your children enjoyment ! My nieces had a ball and thats all that matters !

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Health and Safety!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just got back from wellybobs with my family and arrived 20 minutes after it opened. I can only agree with the negative comments which were posted sometime ago It looks like non of it has been taken seriously by wellybobs.
Its an accident waiting to happen. Although the grandchildren enjoyed themselves, I could'nt settle watching all the children playing on a very non maintained toppled boat with sharp shards of wood sticking up, it only takes a child to fall on one of these and would be a hospital visit. They have posters all over the place saying 'they want us all to be safe'. The mats at the zipwire are well passed their sell by date and should be replace immediately, the rubber on the chain kept coming off, which I replaced twice but after a while someone just throw it to the side, so after that everyone who used it was covered in oil, little legs could be trapped in the chain.
Use the picnic tables at your peril, totally unstable and could completely collapse at any time. They have not been weather treated since they were bought and therefore are rotted. I could understand the bouncy castle being dirty if the weather outside was rainy, but it has been a glorious day so there was not excuse for how dirty it was.
The hard hats for the pony rides were passed from child to child - safety first I understand but an epidemic of headlice not for my grandchildren.
I could go on, but my final word is hearing a member of staff tell a lady she had dropped a tissue, my message is take off your rose coloured glasses look around at the mess that is lying around not left by your visitors,

Visited May 2013
“Get with the programme tlc required.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Have been a couple of times as I live near. They could do so much more. The inside area needs a good clean, baby change was dirty. I didnt dare change my little one or put her in the baby areas as there seems to be no shoes off policy in these areas. Sand had empty drinks cartons and broken toys. my older child enjoyed play area and on a plus ice cream was lovely .... Its obvious that this is a farm, fair enough, but it has to pull itself up to the calibre of others around. I advise the owners to do this and keep on top of the cleanliness!!!