“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Darwen
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Please be advised MJs has now been closed and is being converted into a health center. We will be offering a more relaxed bar snacks menu in the bar area which is currently under refurbishment.The Whitehall lounge will be available for guests who prefer a more formal dining option.The respective areas will be available for private events including birthday celebrations and various other special occasions.
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great good, friendly staff, fantastic service and a wonderful atmosphere! Made our wedding anniversary one to remember! Many thanks to all the staff!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“birthday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went with my frein and we had a lovely time there, the food was really good and will definatly be going again, im hoping to surprise my other half.

Visited April 2012
Darwen
“Very Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went in a Thursday evening and we were the only ones dining, and I wondered why, I soon found out.
It's been about 12 years since I dined here last, and it's definitely not the same. There is no ambience to the restaurant, and I use the word restaurant very lightly; it's more of a fancy cafe. The food was ok, but I was expecting more after reading the reviews. I suppose you get what you pay for. I have to say the service was excellent, the waitress was very friendly and helpfully, but I won't be returning soon

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Darwen, United Kingdom
“Best Gourmet Food in the North West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had the most amazing time at MJ's. The food is incredible and the experience is quite a treat. It is small and intimate and the service is amazing. Wonderful!

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great good, very hospitable. We were only ones in restaurant due to the time we went, but they were very welcoming, fantastic food.

• Visited November 2012