“Super nosh!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Shireburn Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clitheroe
The Shireburn Arms
You added The Shireburn Arms to your Saves list
Whalley Road, Hurst Green, Clitheroe BB7 9QJ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clitheroe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Super nosh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

A friend had recommended this hotel for a meal as we were staying in the area, we were not disappointed! There was a lovely atmosphere, log fires even though it was May but very welcome on a damp evening. An extensive menu was available and a specials board. We opted for the 3 courses for £13.95 as it had some interesting items on it. We both had ordered fish soup for starters ,initially we were brought the other soup on the menu in error but they gave us it on the house while ours was being prepared. The fish soup was superb as was the duck course which followed. I just about had room for a delicious panna cotta to finish the meal. The friendly staff were unphased when the smoke from the fires set off the very noisy fire alarm. The hotel was a little difficult to find but well worth the effort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've eaten at the Shireburn on several occasions and have been waiting for a sunny day to enjoy their outdoor space - yesterday was that day! Having settled ourselves at a table we waited for someone to take our order, eventually hailing a passing waiter who informed us that it wasn't hotel policy to take orders outside and we would have to order at the bar. Fair enough - but there was hardly anyone inside and we couldn't really see the logic as the food was delivered to us by the same waiter. Top marks for the view though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had a lovely night at the Shireburn last night.Stayed in the valley suite which is a beautiful room with stunning views over the valley and farmland.Roaring log fires in the bar and a top class meal in the restaurant. The staff are really friendly and attentative. We will be back very soon

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I decided to do a mid week walk in the Ribble Valley and stay at the Shireburn Arms.
We were offered a great mid week deal they had on offer, Dinner Bed and Breakfast( including a bottle of sparkling wine. We were shown to our room with the minimum of fuss, the room had just been refurbished to an excellent standard( The Suite, no less). the whole place, bedrooms, bar restaurants etc have been very well designed in keeping with an old pub. We had a 3 course evening meal with a complimentary bottle of fiss. Breakfast was cooked perfectly.
All in all its nice to see owners and staff trying really hard, keep up the good work.
We just couldn't ask for more. We fully recommend The Shireburn Arms

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I knew that this place is the in the process of being refurbed so had no particular expectations one way or the other but based it on the reputation of other properties owned by the same team. Our bedroom was beautifully refurbished once inside (communal landing still to be updated) but the windows had been painted shut so had a bit of a hot night.. (I did mention this on leaving) My parents room was similarly beautifully decorated etc, but had a view onto a steam vent from the kitchen. Bit sad about that. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was stunning and the restaurant views are to die for.....Great value for £75 per room.
Can you put info in the rooms about wi-fi access please.........

Room Tip: we had room 6 on the front of the hotel - looked out onto the front. Has a 3rd single bed so good f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I drive past the Shireburn Arms on the way to work sometimes and since it has been done up always think I must go. My friends and I had a special occasion and so we went for some Sunday lunch. Between us we thought the other had booked the table and turns out non of us had! So I was a little worried, but this wasn't a problem, even though they were busy they fit us straight in. We were sat in a lovey light airy dining room and everything was very clean and fresh. The service was quick, the menu looked great and had lots of things I would choose for lunch. I ordered scallops with blackpudding and pancetta, it was just perfect and presented really nicely, a perfectly chilled glass of chenin blanc went really well with it. We all had Sunday Roast and it was cooked perfectly. I ordered custard tart for dessert and it was literally the most amazing thing I've eaten in ages!! It had ameretto in it and it was just special. I don't know what any of the other reviews saying there is slow service are talking about, we were there, without a booking, on a busy Sunday lunch and service and food were top notch. I work in management in the hospitality industry and know how hard that is to get right.

Just in contrast, I had eaten lunch at Northcote the day before and although a very different eating experince, I whole heartedly enjoyed my time at Shireburn more. Keep up the good work guys I will be back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Dropped in whilst out on a drive. Fantastic food lovely atmosphere and great service. Waiters all very attentive. Superb views will definitely return . Fish and chips the best ever, fish pie delicious wine reasonably priced . Would love to stay over next time

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Shireburn Arms? Share your experiences!