“Worth going out of your way to find” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, Brasserie, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Preston, United Kingdom
“Worth going out of your way to find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have been to The Plate@Backridge five times now and each time the meal has been excellent whether we have had a three course meal or just a sandwich. The front of house guy is just marvellous - you get the right amount of good service and advice with a charming and helpful attitude. The food is exceptionally high quality and is worthy of a top restaurant in any city centre. Word of mouth seems to be spreading its reputation and it is well worth going out of your way to visit. The decor is modern and funky with old stone walls and oak beams with modern stylish lighting and is perfect for any special occasion as well as just popping in for a latte. Can't wait to go again.

91% Recommend
UK
“Dont tell everybody!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Outstanding amazing food and wonderful service by the staff.!

Preston, United Kingdom
“Yet another hidden gem in Lancashire's wonderful countryside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Visited for the fourth time today and took a visiting daughter for a treat. I had the roast beef Sunday lunch and my daughter had the seared tuna. Service is first-class and friendly with a genuinely welcoming attitude from all the staff. The surroundings are a delightful conversion of farm buildings, being both practical and very pleasing on the eye with ample room around the tables - which are of a generous size.

The nicely timed service presented a feast for the eye but, as usual, the food ate as well as it looked. My beef was as good as it gets - locally produced and obviously properly hung - with a scrumptious sauce/jus and a proper Yorkshire pudding. Every element had been carefully thought-through matched by a more than ample portion size. My daughter raved about her food, and, coming home from the south east, pronounced that it would have cost several times more for food not matching this quality in the area of Kent where she lives.

Knowing the quality of puds served here, we could not resist. Her rice pudding was pronounced the best ever tasted and my bread and butter pudding was more than equal to the one which is my signature dish. Well done, The Plate. Please leave things as they are and the crowds will follow shortly.

Deoraj D, Manager at The Plate, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hi - just a note to say thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your feedback. Do come and see us again soon.

We have some great party menus for Christmas and New Year!

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Try the lambs liver!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We hadn't visited The Plate for some time and weren't disappointed - the cooking and service are as good as ever. I had one of the specials - lambs liver with a wild mushroom jus and it was delicious. Dinoo is as on the ball as always.
I understand that new owners are taking over next month - I hope they don't make too many changes.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Deoraj D, Manager at The Plate, responded to this review, October 26, 2012

We have some great party menus for Christmas and New Year!

Preston, United Kingdom
“I would eat there everyday if I could!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

31st December 2011, I visited The Plate for breakfast after my parents won a gift voucher, WOW! The staff were brilliant, and the food? Excellent. The place itself was great, really nice decor. But overall my visit was made by the staff, they were so helpful and even showed us around the facilities! A wonderful place and I would reccomend it everyone!

• Visited December 2011
Deoraj D, Manager at The Plate, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello! Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for your lovely remarks about your visit to The Plate. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your custom and your kind comments.
Please come and visit us again soon - we have lots of great offers on - AND of course we are preparing lots of exciting menus for Christmas and New Year. Also, I must mention our new evening opening hours and menu. We are delighted to announce we are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings 1830 - 2100. (We are offering a 2 course meal for £13.95 or 3 courses for £17.50). We of course can orangise for parties or special occasions. Please do get in touch if you would like to book, or discuss any of the above withe me. (01200 427304)