“Very noisy, but staff really friendly” 3 of 5 stars

You added Brook House Hotel to your Saves list
Brook House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   662 Preston Road, Clayton le Woods PR6 7EH, England   |
Whittlesey, United Kingdom
“Very noisy, but staff really friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent the weekend here and they had a tribute act on in the main room, so they were thoughtful and put us on the far side of the hotel.
However, this was over an open area that most people gathered during the interval and afterwards, it was rather noisy, but ended at about 11pm.
We had been down to the bar during the evening and they had no beer or lager.
As it was such a hot weekend, we had to have the windows open and the road noise from the A6 went on all night and stopped me sleeping properly.
Having said all that, the staff were brilliant and very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid room 18
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Runcorn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked a one night stay because I was attending a training day in Preston.I wasn't expecting much having read some comments on here about it.I was very pleased with my stay.A young man (Lewis) met me at the door and took my bag up to my room for me.I had a lovely steak meal at an excellent price.My room was huge,very clean and comfortable and not too hot,like most hotel rooms.The bed was very comfortable,nice hot shower,good quiet nights sleep-excellent!!!! I had a great English breakfast with toast and lots of coffee.It was a perfect stay for me with the added bonus of it being a smoking room-very civalised.I will be staying there again when I go to the area for future training days.

Room Tip: I was in room 6 ,near the back of the hotel.Very large,quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

As a couple needing a break we booked into the Brook House Hotel for one night. It was a Saturday night on arrival we were shown to a very old fashioned room where the main light had blown. The shower was freezing and to top it off we went downstairs to find the bar was closed because they had to nip out! We went for a walk and dined out at a pub returning to the hotel at about 9pm. The man opened the bar for us but asked if we would be staying long as he needed to prepare for a christening the morning after. We had two drinks and felt we had to go to bed. As we stood up to leave the man promptly switched off the lights and followed us out! Needless to say we were in bed before 10.30pm. Thankfully we had an early night as around 8am the started blowing up a bouncy castle just outside our bedroom window. We left without breakfast not impressed!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Clayton le Woods hotels

Accrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed overnight at this lovely hotel, rooms spacious and clean, a bit of noise coming from downstairs but that stopped about midnight, but then omg got a call @1.20 am off someone from the hotel, saying you have booked a room, i take it your not coming! when i was fast asleep in the bed, i was not best pleased!, complained at reception in the morning and was told it hopefully wouldn't happen to another guest, other than that a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We needed somewhere fairly economical at short notice to stay a couple of nights while attending an event locally. Snag being we needed to bring our 2 small dogs. We struck gold!

As we were running late my wife called to see if they could offer any suggestions to eat locally as the kitchen would have closed by the time we arrived. No problem - let us know when you're nearly here and chef will knock something up for you! 2 very presentable main meals on arrival.

Room spacious, only downsides being a lingering tobacco smell in a non smoking room and a dated bathroom but for the money we aren't complaining!

Fantastic welcome and can't do enough to help. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
Queensbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

What can I say about a place as friendly as Brook House? Ok so in places the paint need a touch up, but not in the places that really counts like to the friendliness of all the people there or their desire to get things right for the guests.

Very much a nothern honest value and service place, they welcome weary travellers and can send you to warm and clean bed with a full belly and glass of beer and you feel that you are amongst friends that really care.

I have used their function room during the day for large gatherings and they can put on a terrfic spread with home made pies and trifle.

You busines people should stop using national chains and save a bit of money and offer your teams something just a bit special. Keep it local and give either Pete or Claire a ring to see if they can meet your business needs. I do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Big big thank you to Claire and all the team, for making my sons 21st a great night..Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were all very helpful.A few of the guests stayed over, our room was lovely ..spotlessly clean, lovely and warm, and my evening meal which they kindly provided was brought up to my room (at my request) and was delicious. Bar staff fantastic very attentive.
So we will recommend and if we have another family party we will be back !!! Thanks again you guys, You were brill !!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Brook House Hotel? Share your experiences!