I've stayed here on a number of occasions, once for 5 weeks Monday to Friday, with my latest stay for 2 nights this week - end February 2014.
The staff are all very efficient and courteous at all times and will stop for a chat if they see you sitting alone in the bar area. I really feel at home when I'm there now as I know some of the staff by name and they always have time to ask how I am and how my job is going.
I've stayed in the executive rooms and the standard rooms and there really isn't much difference other than the wifi connection and a few little extras. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are all a good size some even have 3 seat couches and armchairs.
The building and the grounds are very well kept.
The menu in the restaurant is excellent and the rib eye steaks are the best that I've had anywhere and I stay in a different hotel most weeks and eat out frequently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is situated in 17 acres of parkland. Combining a traditional setting with modern technology, our hotel offers both an enjoyable weekend getaway, or facilities for business meetings & conferences. Also featuring a luxury spa, with 8 beauty suites, & Cameo Restaurant & Bar, a relaxed dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel Clayton Le Moors
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa Clayton Le Moors, England