The positives - there aren't any really.
The average bits - food in the restaurant and at breakfast was ok. Hotel and grounds look nice as you approach.
The less than average bits - when we tried to check in our booking had gone astray but this was soon fixed. Our restaurant booking also went astray somewhere between reception and the restaurant but again this was soon fixed. The room was worn and old and the tie backs broken. The bathroom was old and a bit dirty and in need of replacement - mouldy bits around the plug hole for example. There was also a damp smell and some of the communal areas were cold. The pool and changing areas were dirty and the pool surrounds tired. The family changing area doubles as a disabled toilet - or is it the other way round? Either way it's not the best place for kids to change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is situated in 17 acres of parkland. Combining a traditional setting with modern technology, our hotel offers both an enjoyable weekend getaway, or facilities for business meetings & conferences. Also featuring a luxury spa, with 8 beauty suites, & Cameo Restaurant & Bar, a relaxed dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel Clayton Le Moors
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa Clayton Le Moors, England