“Love this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Chorley North

You added Premier Inn Chorley North to your Saves list
Premier Inn Chorley North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Malthouse Farm - Moss Lane | Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley PR6 8AB, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Chorley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stay in this hotel at least 6 times a year. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. The rooms are clean adn the beds comfortable.The restaurant next door does lovely food that is well priced and the staff are also very nice. The only downside is the televisions, they could do with updating - but this is being very picky.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you choose to stay with us here when you are in the area.
Hopefully in the not too distant future we will be able to provide new TV's to make your stay complete.
Once again thank you for your comments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Maybe I'm just lucky but every premier inn I stay in seems to be of a high standard. This is no exception.

The staff are really friendly, particularly the reception. And they always make an effort to remember you.

The rooms are really clean, even the corridors smell clean! Although some of the rooms are a strange layout with the tv miles away from the bed or in an awkward position at the side.

The pub is very nice and has a great menu with equally great staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, our team take great pleasure in receiving comments such as yours.
I do hope that we can welcome you again in the not too distant future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I guess if you choose to stay in a Premier Inn you know what you are getting? Chorley North is an especially good example because it is tucked away from the main road and has a very cosy and good pub serving food and breakfast. The pub was deservedly popular on the sunday evening which we stayed - a good sign I think.
We experienced great northern hospitality from all the staff we met and particular points of note were:
1) Storage room for my bike which I didn't want to leave in the car park over night
2) Child cot ready on our arrival.
3) The Best Western in Leyland was the closest hotel to where I was working the next day but despite advertising a budget rate for a sunday in early january, the price shot up when I enquired about a family room and a cot. Premier inn had no premium price for me bringing a baby and a toddler and that is to their credit. Of course they still benefitted from extra evening meals and breakfasts ;-)

Finally, One thing I didn't appreciate until this stay is that Premier Inns have very big double beds. This is a bonus when you share it with a nursing mother and 3 month old baby the night before a business meeting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review recently it is always nice to receive comments such as yours.
I do hope that we can welcome you to Chorley North again in the not too distant future.
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Arrived around 2pm as we were attending a party in a nearby venue.The guy who welcomed us could not have been more helpful.He was friendly and professional.We were on first floor and corridors and stairs we clean and fresh smelling.Our room was huge,clean and more than adequate.Price was justified.Went to adjoining restaurant for lunch and there was a 'scouse' server and she was amazing! She definatly knows her stuff and how to treat people.Couldnt fault this visit at all.PERFECT!

• Stayed December 2012
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us here at Premier Inn Chorley North.

I do hope that we will welcome you again soon in the not too distant future.
Bolton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We checked in with Eric who was lovely at about 1a.m this morning and booked for breakfast which ramped up our bill to just over 70 pound!
We got a door knock at 9am and toddled over for breakfast.
We waited at the sign to be seated and we're squashed in to a very restricted area reserved for the inn customers.
We weren't offered a high chair and had to ask for one which was put into the gap that I had to get through so penned one into the seat.
There were 12 mushrooms, about 5 tomato's and a queue...the scrambled egg was grey, the toaster burned the toast badly, the coffee was warm at best and cold with milk despite coming fresh from the kitchen. But worst of all, the sausages had turned and had that yeasty sweet taste. One bite and it was game over for me. Some people were eating them, but many noticed they were bad but only after feeding them to children, me included. Malthouse, you should be shut down.

Room Tip: Don't bother eating there unless you have time to take off work for sickness.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review you recently posted regarding our hotel here at Chorley North.
I am pleased to hear that you received a great service from Eric during the early hours you checked in at.
I am very disappointed to hear about your experience at the adjoining restaurant, this is not owned by the hotel and is a seperate company to us but they do provide a breakfast service to our guests and on this occasion have not delivered this to our specification.
I will most certainly be addressing this with the General Manager of the restaurant to bring the lack of service and quality to his attention.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at this Premier Inn because it was the most convenient hotel to an "Evening Reception" [not held in the hotel] for some friends who had just got married. The hotel were perfectly adequate for my needs but, as a mobility impaired customer, I was very disappointed by the absence of any sensitivity towards my difficulties among the restaurant staff when I went for breakfast the following morning.

I have to use a walking stick and walk with a pronounced limp. Whenever I breakfast in a hotel, those two features are usually sufficient to alert the restaurant manager either to offer personally to assist me to get the various courses of breakfast to my table or to detail one of his/her staff to do so. If Chorley North is typical of Premier Inns, such courtesies are absent from the Premier Inn menu.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here at Chorley North. I am pleased to hear you found our hotel to your satisfaction, with regards to the adjoining restaurant this is not a Whitbread owned establishment I will be speaking with the General Manager of the resaturant to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just off the M61 junction 8 but seems to be in a hollow so very quiet and peaceful. Friendly welcome, the usual good quality rooms and a nice pub on site with good value food. What more could you ask for if you need a hotel in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality with ourselves and also the adjoining restaurant.
We do hope to welcome you again soon

Been to Premier Inn Chorley North? Share your experiences!