“Consistently up there” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Consistently up there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

5th visit in 9 months and no complaints.
Niggles aren't worth much but just for the sake of it, here goes.
Service charge added to the bill. I will always deduct and tip in cash, if merited. I hate this London fad.
On my last visit I did just that, and I tipped the same amount in cash. Chaos reigned. 7 attempts at re doing my bill, with my charge card going in and out of the machine like a slot machine!!
Food well above average with great starters and steamed dim sum at its best. Peking duck crispy and generous.
Only one course was a tad bland. The beef with ginger and spring onion lacked that kick I would expect.
Ingredients faultless and all served hot with nothing too much trouble for the staff.
A good experience again

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Much improved restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Lille Hong Kong was formerly Wan's and is located above the Dressers Arms pub and has improved all round since it changed hands. The quality of the food is very good, service is friendly and the food is delivered hot and in good time. Wines are reasonably priced with a good selection.
Worth making a reservation and, if you're smart enough to arrive early, you can always get a great pint downstairs in the Dressers !.
Only having one small restroom for gents and the same for women can get a little busy at times, but that's a fairly minor point and I wouldn't let it put you off going.
Good parking directly opposite the restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have used this restaurant on a couple of occasions and have found it to be of good quality and value for money. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the ambience is what you would expect for a westernised Chinese restaurant. Personally I would prefer a little more authenticity, but this is generally hard to come by in the UK.

Visited October 2012
Bewdley
“A Delicious Meal for Seven.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our party consisted of 7 well travelled adults.On arrival we were able to park in a large car park just across the road from the restaurant which is situated on the top floor of a nice pub. The restaurant is spacious and nicely decorated.The furniture is smart and the tables are a good size for the diners. We were taken to our table which was sited in front of a window with a pleasant view. The menu is good and varied and all of our party were able to find things they liked. Our particular selection was the Hungary Dragon Feast. Priced at £17.95p it comprised of a choice of soups; a platter with a variety of starters one of which was the best Sesame Prawn Toast I have tasted. The choice of main course was varied enough to appeal to our party of 7 and we ordered one of each of the dishes. The meal was finished off with a bowl of ice cream. The wine list provided a good selection at a fairly reasonable price but I thought the price for a glass of wine was on the dear side. Service was quite good but with only one waitress on the table it took some time to get all of the dishes onto the table. That said it was hot and tasted wonderful. It is a restaurant we will all visit again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Top class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I enjoy high quality food and this place delivered just that. The service is excellent and fast.Its a nice relaxing little place. Anyone thinking of trying LHK ,then you wont be disappointed. P.S tried the dressers down stairs and it is just pub grub like another pub , nothing special.Only put the last caption in as I don't like people promoting other places, as we are giving a review for LHK.

• Visited June 2013