“does what it says” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Charnock Richard M6

You added Days Inn Charnock Richard M6 to your Saves list
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jct 27-28 M6 Northbound Mill Ln, Chorley PR7 5LR, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Chorley
Ka257hg
“does what it says”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Needed to break a long journey. Hotel was clean comfortable with all the basics you need. Staff were helpful and friendly. We opted for breakfast in the morning. This was hot and tasty with as much toast juice tea and coffee as you liked. Will definitely break our journey here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rm3 8eu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Staff very friendly, but there was no phone in the room to contact reception, so had to keep going back and forth each time I found something wrong (needed an extra cup as 3 of us in the room etc..), and being disabled and having to walk with two sticks with my 2 grandchildren each time was not fun to say the least, the "spare" bedding for the pull out bed was dirty, the pull out bed, did not pull out so one ended up sleeping with me and it was too late to walk back to reception to let them know when we found this out, there was hair from a previous guest still in the bath, I did tell reception all this when I left, and asked will I get feed back on this, to which they told me I would get this email and to put it on here....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Bh6
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Didnt realise on booking that the hotel had its own restaurant and bar, both of which were very reasonably priced. Staff were efficient but friendly at the same time. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I chose this hotel for location - it was very convenient for breaking a journey from Wales to Lakes, and easy to find. Room was a bit shabby but very clean and staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel isn't stingy with tea and coffee making materials. Unfortunately the first room I was given had a noisy radiator but staff moved me immediately and second room was fine - I slept very well despite proximity to M6.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Handy location and good facilities with free wifi, freeview and snacks/water in room. The place is very scruffy at best and filthy at worst. The dining room is very dirty and the breakfast VERY poor. Couldn't bring myself to eat anything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Tn23 7xd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice hotel, well positioned for what we wanted. Away from services but still some road noise.
Billing issue was quickly sorted (I hope), and staff were friendly.
Cleaning staff (separate company I think), do a fantastic job in what is an older hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Bedford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights in total. Checking in was quick, the staff were friendly on our arrival. We arrived at about 3am given the extra things we had on before travelling up. The first night we all slept really well I think this was mainly because of how tired we were! We were in Room 41 which is on the ground floor. The beds were comfortable but I did find that the double we had was a really hard mattress whereas the single that my son slept in was nice and comfortable. We did find that both the double and the single would move away from the wall if you fidgeted too much in bed.

The bathroom suite was dated, there was a patch on the bath that had been filled or something like that as it didn't match the rest of the suite. We all used the shower but I found when I was using it that the water was either scalding hot or freezing cold.

When we put the Do Not Disturb sign up, the cleaning team would leave a bin liner with clean towels and replacement tea bags/coffee/sugar/milk so that we had enough for the week - we did however find that we had a crazy number of spare towels as we didn't need them!

We were only given two plastic cups and two mugs although they knew there would be three of us in the room. Thankfully when we went down to reception and asked for a 3rd mug they were happy to help. We didn't eat in the restaurant as it was a little pricey and was actually cheaper to jump in the car travel a mile down the road to a local Carvery for breakfast or dinner. (I think it was about £5 each for breakfast in the carvery up the road and £7.95/£5.95 in the restaurant).

I can't fault them on the customer service that we received but all in all the hotel needs a lick of paint and a refit when it comes to the bathroom suites. On the outside where the rooms have doors that open onto the car park could definitely do with a coat of paint.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Charnock Richard M6? Share your experiences!