“Lovely Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Charnock Richard M6

You added Days Inn Charnock Richard M6 to your Saves list
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jct 27-28 M6 Northbound Mill Ln, Chorley PR7 5LR, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Chorley
wirral
“Lovely Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here over Easter with 2 young children. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were spacious and very clean. One thing I can't understand is why more people do not take advantage of the restaurant! The Gammon steak was the nicest we have tasted for a long time and for both evening meal and breakfast, children eat free if an adult meal is purchased so the cost was very reasonable! It was also fantastic having breakfast freshly cooked and served to you rather than buffet style! Will definately return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dumfries
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've just returned after spending a night at this hotel and as always I can thoroughly recommend it.
I have only stayed in the executive rooms which I must say are airy, light and despite the decor and furnishings being fairly basic is more than adequate for a couple of nights stay.
The executive rooms also have a desk fan, ironing board/iron and usual tea and coffee making facilties. On this occasion for the very first time I decided to book a nearby Travelodge as it was in the sale. That's a mistake I'll never make again. I couldn't spend my second night there as it was so bad. Digusting in fact. That's why I decided to come back to this days inn as I knew it would help salvage the rest of our short break.
Remember this is a budget hotel and I think some of the other reviews are completely out of order. The Inn is clean, the staff are very friendly and the food is adequate.
I am a light sleeper and have never been kept awake by the motoway or anything else.
I think it's so unfair that some people out there at best are expecting the Hilton at Travelodge rates and at worst are downright liars.
CAMELOT users may also like to know the Days Inn sells Camelot tickets to residents at a discounted rate of £18 as opposed to the £28 gate price. For a family of four that's practically paying for you room for one night!! Camelot can be walked to across a field or by car a few hundred yards around the corner.
Also the rooms for dogs have doors facing out to the carpark and very large grassy area so you can get them out quicky and non pet lovers don't have to have them walking through the corridors and having little accients.
All in all the executive rooms are head and shoulders above travelodges.
And to the idiot that said the room was smelly and horrible......why did he accept it? If that's true why didn't he just go and sleep in the car? Why sleep there all night in such discomfort then the next day say he would have been better off in the car?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Access is difficult. They lie about he broadband wifi - when it works at all, it is dial up speed. Hotel is dirty and beds are uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Enville DY7 5HA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

two weeks agio we booked into Days inn via the internet and recieved a confirmation price of £35 on arrival we were told£45 when I said we had aconfirmed booking of £35 the receptionist told me that as they sell the rooms the price rises heaven help the chap that books room 50 how much will he be charged this is most unfair and we will never book in there again.
WATCH OUT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn Charnock Richard M6, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with ourselves, I would like to confirm I have investigated the concerns you had regarding being overcharged for your room, and have come to find that you were charged £34.95 for your room, and the additional charges were for the breakfast which you had, making the total charged on check in £45.70.

I apologise for any confusion on this matter, as here at Days Inn Charnock Richard we aim to ensure all our guests are 100% happy with their stay and if you have any further queries, or would like to discuss this further, please contact one of the team direct on 01257 791746.
Reading, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Dreadful - took dog as allowed but then told I had to have basic room - at back of hotel (really helpful with a dog needing to go out). You could stain peas through the thin duvet and 1950's bathroom. For the same price on the way back I had an amazing BB. DON'T GO HERE JUST BECAUSE IT'S CLOSE. IT'S AWFUL.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
First of all I would like to apologise you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. We always aim ensure our guests experience the best service and enjoy their stay with us.

We pride ourselves in being a pet-friendly hotel, however we do not allow pets in our executive rooms, only in our standard rooms. I apologise that this was not made clear at the time of booking and I will speak with the reception team to make sure we are clear with guests bringing pets.

We try to ensure that all of our rooms are regularly maintained to offer the best comfort. I have spoken with Housekeeping in regards to the duvets so that we can investigate and bring it back up to the high standards we strive to provide.

Again I apologise you did not fully enjoy your stay and hope we will get an opportunity to accommodate you again
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've stayed here twice now. It's really handy for the M6 as it's just off the road. It's comfortable, clean and tidy and when we visited the staff were really nice and really helpful too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
rickmansworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

had to travel to chorley for an early morning appointment , after trawling internet found this place.

its basic, but very clean, and welcoming (could teach a few places i know a thing or two)
bed was comfortable, shower worked, rooms still have biscuits in !!

great value , and puts travel lodges to shame

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Charnock Richard M6? Share your experiences!