“Great pub food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Have been here a couple of times now and I think it's a great place. The portions are huge and it's really well cooked. Very good value for money. The burgers are a delight!

Visited July 2013

“standards slipping”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

my wife and i have been regulars at the bobbin for over 3 yrs and have always been impressed with the value for money, the food and the service. however recently we've been very disappointed with the service, the first bad experience we put down to a one off but 3 visits in the last month have left us more disappointed each time, sadly we will not be going back to a pub we loved. monday i decided to take my wife for tea so while i was at work i phoned the bobbin to book a table for 7pm, we arrived at 6.55pm and i said to the young waitress i've booked a table for 2 for 7pm, she looked at me blankly and said "i don't have the clipboard" so i asked if she could get it ? with a huff she walked off, she returned a minute later and showed us to a table that had not been cleared even though i pre booked a table at 3 pm. when the table was eventually cleared a dish of nibbles and dip was put down complimentary, the dish had clearly been there all day as the dip was dry and crusty so we pushed it to one side.we looked at the menu and chose our meals and waited for someone to come and take our order...and waited and waited ... eventually i got up after half an hour and asked the waitress if she could please take our order, within 20 mins our food arrived. it was well presented and very good, sat to the side of us was 2 ladies who also had to ask to be served after a long wait, as did the table behind us, an hour after we'd finished eating our table still had'nt been cleared nor had we been asked if we'd like a desert, we decided to have an irish coffee to finish off so i went to the bar and ordered 2. the barman aked ME what was in an irish coffee ??? when he eventually brought them to the table he said " i hope they're ok i'm not very good at making them "
my glass was on a saucer which was swimming in cream, the coffee itself was at best tepid, we paid the bill and left feeling sad that a lovely pub we used to enjoy so much had let its standards slip so far. the bobbin used to have a cracking team of waitresses and waiters who was all friendly and efficient. i don't know if there has been cut backs but it seems as the old team left so did the standards....

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Nice place, could improve on service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

There are a three Marstons pubs near me - the two which are rotisserie have been poor and the one that is 2 for 1 is always brilliant. Very strange coincidence.

The Bobbin Mill is a nice place with good menu however the service is not good. We had to wait along time for our drinks and food. When the food did arrive we had to send 2 of the meals back. They did sort it out with no questions asked however if the chefs hadn't cut corners in the first place there would be no hassle!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“Very Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visited mid-week and had 2 steaks from the 2 meals of £10 they were very good, and cooked just as we had asked. Good service, nice place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“" downhill pub "”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Lived on buckshaw for over 3yrs & love our walks to bobbin on summer evenings especially , but I hav to say the last 12mths has been disappointing. It seems the place is well understaffed (especially this time of yr) and the food has gone down & down. My husband ordered burger & myself rotisserie chicken. We had to wait a while as it was busy but I was told that upon ordering so it was fine. When the food arrived my chicken was hot as we're the chips but my husbands burger & everything on the plate eg, chips onion rings were stone cold. We told the waiter who was very apologetic & sent it back. It came back 10mins later but unfortunately the burger was still cold. The manager (I presume) came back to check this time which I thought was very good & offered another dish or refund. As we had children with us & it was now nearly 9pm we decided on the refund. I feel the service is great here but unfortunately it needs more manpower & maybe a 'Real' chef instead of a microwave chef to get this pub back how it
was when it first opened.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere