“Lovely night out” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Lovely night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were bought Groupon vouchers as a gift, and after reading the reviews we arrived at the restaurant with some trepidation. We were therefore very pleasantly surprised! The ambiance was great, very Meditteranean, and the staff were top, serving us with our cocktail immediately on our arrival.
I have to say that the food was definitely rustic, rather than gourmet, but there is nothing wrong with that, all 3 courses being very tasty. I had the seabass, and although the sauce was lovely, there was far too much of it, as the fish was completely covered, meaning I didn't actually taste the fish itself. Just a little more finesse with the presentation would make all the difference! That is why I have only rated it as 4.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Been a few times and if there is just the two of you... Fine you will have good food and service... Went with a party of 10... Pre booked..... We were told that we couldn't order Tapas as there were too many of us!?!?!?!..... My advice 4 Seasons is don't say yes to large parties of people if you cannot cater for them.. On the plus side when catering for two I can recommend and have always had a great night

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had heard all about New Season, but never had the chance to try it until very recently. All I can say is that this place gives nothing less than an enchanting dining experience. The quaint restaurant leads out into a beautifully lit courtyard with grape vines growing up the walls. You actually feel as though you're on holiday!
The instant we walked through the door, we felt the charm of the place with a warm and friendly greeting, which continued throughout the evening. Then the food arrived..... WOW! We started on a lobster cannelloni (to die for!) followed by scallops and chilli prawns. After just enough time, we moved onto marinated lamb chops, which were packed with flavour and tenderly cooked. We were then presented with the 'Grande Finale' course of Chateaubriand (with the flames!) which was just gorgeous... I can safely say that my experience was the best I've had in a while and made a refreshing change to the usual half hearted efforts that you so often find nowadays. This place has soul and character, and I am already planning my next visit!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
North West UK
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We visited this restaurant as part of a travelzoo deal. If we had paid full price we would have been very disappointed.
The service was slow and disjointed. the food was just ok, with some things that were very poor.
They seem to be struggling and had run out of several things including drinks.
It wasn't totally dreadful but I doubt that we would return and certainly wouldn't consider that the food justified the prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“New season - The place where dreams are crafted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

As I walked through the door, it was clear to see the two handsome young waiters were eager to do whatever they could within their power to please. The service was flawless and the food was to die for. I shall return shortly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food