“Excellent - just like the last time we visited!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Manchester
“Excellent - just like the last time we visited!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Having been away for 3 nights and having eaten at best "average" food it was lovely to come home and go to Amelie's. Makes me question why we go away really!?!?!?!

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Brilliant evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Excellent food and outstanding evening at this quirky venue
I will return and absolutely brilliant value on the early doors menu
The Eton mess was the best l have tasted

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southport, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Three 'girlies' 50+ had a great night here Wednesday 9th July. One of our party had visited Amelie's many times and was keen for us go with her. After polishing off the moreish pre dinner nibbles (a nice idea), two of us started with roasted banana, bacon and blue cheese salad, a most unusual but winning combination, the other person had asparagus. For mains we had fillet of hake, escalopes of pork milanese, and kebabs, all thoroughly enjoyed. Having seen the desserts being served at another table we couldn't resist trying eton mess, plum crumble and creme brulee. All the food was delicious but the desserts were outstanding, beautifully presented and tasted divine. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions. What more could you ask for?

• 5 of 5 stars Food
annamaria v, Manager at Amelie's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, it was very nice to meet you!
Looking forward to seeing you soon, thanks Anna, Steve and the team!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“oustanding meal!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our party of four visited on a Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and seated in what I would describe as a quaint and quirky lounge area. This is not a swish , stylish venue , but we were soon to discover that it has outstanding food and friendly, attentive service from a delightful lady named Anna and her team, who ensure that you dine in comfort and enjoy every moment of your stay.

We were provided with some pre dinner nibbles with our drinks, which included some popcorn coated with garlic infused cinder toffee ( weird - but tasted absolutely superb !!).Before our first course, we were given what looked like a fish finger with a mild sweet chilli dip. My wife is vegetarian and looked anxious, but there was no need for concern as this complimentary appetiser was actually a slice of breaded, deep fried feta cheese which melted in the mouth and was enjoyed by all .

We were then treated to 3 courses of excellence. The menu changes from day to day but some items are , I am sure, well established favourites, because they are just too good to take off the menu without disappointing customers. My friend, who had the black pudding scotch egg, soon fell victim to my surging appetite ( it was delicious!!) and my wife ( who could not choose between the two vegetarian friendly soups ) was given a half portion of each - surely some for me ,but no , she consumed every drop .I had the homemade liver pate - it was exquisite !

The mains included braised lamb for me ( lean and free of fat and grease), fillet steak, a generous portion of moist ,flaky hake and a beautifully presented leek and caramelised onion tart ( which I insisted in sampling , and thoroughly enjoyed ). All of this was served with crisp, vibrant vegetables, homemade chunky chips, roasted potatoes and creamy mash, and was complemented by a very good Sicilian red wine.

It wasn't easy, but we were determined to leave room for a dessert. A frozen raspberry and white chocolate parfait , studded with marshmallows , was appreciated by all , as was the Eton Mess, but I refused to share my plum crumble , served with a jug of custard - the menu says "lashings" of custard , and lived up to it's boast !!. Everything was homemade and magnificent.

To finish, we enjoyed good quality coffee served with shortbread, with a hint of chilli, and lemon flavoured marshmallows ( I have never tasted a marshmallow this good before) before paying our VERY reasonable bill and heading home very happy and very full.

I recommend this restaurant without hesitation . Not only was the food and service exceptional, but my wife, who often struggles to participate fully in our dining adventures ( due to her vegetarianism) , was able to find something interesting for every course and also able to share the nibbles and complimentary appetisers.

Our compliments to the chef - excellence to be proud of !!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
annamaria v, Manager at Amelie's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review! It was lovely to meet you, and we hope you'll visit again soon!
Thanks, Anna, Steve and the team!
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Superb experience rather good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Residing only a mile from the restaurant and living in Coppull for 20 years this was our first visit. What a pleasant surprise. The service excellent with very friendly staff, and the food exquisite everything to perfection. I will be returning here with family and friends very soon.

Thank you for a rather special evening.

• Visited June 2014