“Excellent food but service can vary from great to poor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but service can vary from great to poor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

From my experience, food at the Usha is always superb and some of the best Indian cuisine I've tasted. I usually order the specials which, despite being slightly more expensive, are worth the money.

Table service can vary greatly though - some nights its flawless but on another visit, may be pretty poor and you'll need to grab some of the table staff for drinks etc.

Overall its a great Indian restaurant with excellent chefs. Just don't expect a waiter to be checking on you every 10 minutes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Would I go again?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Arrived around 7.30 in the evening. Place was a bit untidy, but I give them their due they had been open since 12 doing buffets.
Service was shocking until I went and told them that the bill I will be paying is for everything and not just the food we eat. I also explained that being put on a table and ignored is chronic customer service. This changed their attitude.

Really enjoyed the food, would definitely go back again, even if I have to tell them when I arrive that I expect reasonable service.

• Visited August 2013
Burnley, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

12 of us had the buffet menu on a Sunday. Food was only average. Starters cold and main meals lacked meat!! I suppose for a tenner you got what you paid for but I,ve had better buffets. I wouldn't go back in a hurry even though it's on my doorstep. I'd rather pay a bit more and write a more positive review!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Average. Better places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We went for a family meal. Food was ok. But i dont really eat spicy food so i order korma. I tried another mild dish but it was extremely spicy. I told the waiter and was offered amother meal. Which by the time came everyone would have finished. Shame the food isnt what it says.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Only been a few times but always been pleased with the service & food! Couldnt fault it :) got a round of free drinks too!!

• Visited June 2013