“Keirby Park Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Burnley
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Keirby Park Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Having read all the reviews before booking this, 2 out of the 37 reviews were positive, the rest said it was the worst hotel on the planet. I must disagree with this, I've stayed in worse. The hotel is situated right in the middle of Burnley. I was working in the area and arrived late with my colleague. The entrance and reception area are very spacious, with free wifi, the receptionist was very polite and helpful, we paid our £19 for our rooms, yes £19 per room. The lift was a bit shakey but managed to get to the fifth floor without breaking down. I was surprised when i opened my room door, the room was large with a bathroom, sink and toilet. No toilet paper, but i brought my own after reading the reviews, the bedding was clean, fresh towels, even a bar of soap. I must admit, I put my toolbox, chair and bag to barricade the door. The only complaint I had was the TV, 90 channels of blue screen till i managed to suss it out and got one channel, at least i was lucky as some rooms didn't have a TV as the guests kept stealing them. Would i stay again, YES, would i take my wife, No she'd kill me !!! You dont get value for money in many places these days, but this was well worth the £19

Room Tip: ask for one of the higher floors, i had a lovely view of Burnley roundabout
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We have used the keirby since it was built and since e moved away 30 years ago for visits back to burnley
The place has gone down big time but the new people are trying.

The only problem was a stranger walking into our bedroom at 2am and searching behind our television for a drug stash ?
when challenged he said he was maintenance .
A problem seems to be housing benefit lodgers ?
The price is right if it can last two years it will be ok
A good position and it needs a new lift and some money throwing at it.

Good luck keirby

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Let me tell you... this is the WORST hotel in England. The room smellt of sweat... the door lock was hanging off (i propped it closed with all my bags)... somebody tried to get in my room at 4am.... the beds were covered in stains... there was used condom packets down the side of my bed (god knows what i would have found had i looked further!) the toilet seat was hanging on by a thread.. the tiles were missing off the walls leaving gaping holes!!! the room was FREEZING there was NO hot water.. NO heating.. NO towels.... need i say more!?! SCARY and SWEATY. AVOID.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Hull
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Thsi has to be the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. we were charged £45 for a twin room that turned out to have no heating and NO HOT WATER. Despite promises this would be soted out when the mroning shift came on it never was. We spect a miserable cold night lying under a single balnket and sheets that had seen beeter days, Towels were clean but that is not surprising with no hot water. The room was very tatty and the window would not sut which added to the cold - the lift was something else and could have been loaned to hammer house of Horror very easily - it did not stop below floor 5 on the way up and graned and jerk while moving -DONT STAY HERE

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Me and my husband planed to stay a the Keirby Hotel,as we were a atteneding a Wedding in the oaks Hotel down the road. Planing to have a bit of a drity weekend, but found the hotel room had started with out us. The room smelt of sweaty feet, the sheets had brown stains on them, the bathroom was just discusting and i did not even stay that long in the room i had seen enough, me and my husband went down and got our money back. The staff did not even argue with us, i got the impression they were ashamed of the place. We did get a lovely room in the Oaks Hotel just down the road.
take the advice from someone how knows please do not stay there you may catch something.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Unless you have very low expectations of cleanliness, customer service, comfort and noise levels do not stay at this hotel. The toilet was not even flushed when I was shown to my room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
burnley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

i stayed here for two nights was a very warm welcome by the manager tina.my room was very comfortable and clean very good value for money.would go back any time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Keirby Park Hotel? Share your experiences!