“cramped” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Burnley, United Kingdom
“cramped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

it is very cramped, noisy and rushed. the food is good but the environment and atmosphere is not relaxing at all.

Visited November 2012

“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to Aldo's for a Christmas meal with other people from work. The actual place is/ feels like an old office. It smelt like an old office too! The whole atmosphere and surroundings were very unappealing, dark and dreary when we walked in. The chairs were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on in any restaurant. Upon reading the menu there was far too much choice. This immediately rang alarm bells with me! As my meal arrived I realised those alarm bells were for good reason. Aldo's certainly have a good microwave oven - plate scalding hot, food scalding hot! No food needs to be so hot in a restaurant.... It was still too hot as I was finishing the meal. As that was the case the food didn't taste of very much at all (I had cannelloni). The service was "okay" - nothing to write home about. The waiters were dressed as elves for Christmas (?) I guess the value for money was alright, you get what you pay for. I will not be going again, and I would say you should pay a little more for a quality Italian restaurant. Or save your money and buy a microwave Italian meal from Asda..... It will taste the same anyway! I have been to other restaurants since this occasion but something just does not leave the back of my mind about this place! Dreary, plain, cheap.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Not a brilliant pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Visited with some friends on Friday night, the service could not be faulted in any shape or form, but in all honesty the pizza was awful, nothing like the old Brown Street. The new venue is wonderful but the food leaves much to be desired. Sorry Aldo

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“Regular visitors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have been to Aldo's now on several occasions and really enjoy the place. We usually go as a family, but I have also been for dinner with the girls on a few occasions too and always find it to be a good standard and the prices are very reasonable.
Our last visit was christmas eve as part of a large group. The restaurant was busy so it was noisy with lots of people but as we were a large party this didnt bother us and added to the atmosphere. Food was a little slow but again thats to be expected when its such a large group and such a busy night. Never had any issues on other visits and usually go on mothers day, fathers days etc too.
I would recommend to others as the staff are friendly and willing to offer alternatives and cater for fussy youngsters if needs be and the food is delicious. Only downside is the fact its downstairs as it needs some windows or something to give it a bit of a lift!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We went to Aldo's in December 2012, in the middle of the Christmas do season. There were at least three big parties in the small restaurant, so it was quite noisy (but I suppose this is to be expected in December). The food was nice and the portions were big, so definitely good value for money. We're likely to go back next year outside the Christmas season for a quieter experience.